7- Transmission oil cooler b&b
8- SLP underdriver Pully
9- comp cams 850 lifters
10- SLP Timing Chain
11- TCI flexplate
12- LSX Fast 90m With Nick Williams 90m

i am going to buy Pfadt Coil Covers This Week So i
Need Pro's Opinion am going to supercharge my vette

1- What's the best Block ? 1- C5-R 427 ,2- Warhawk 427 , Darton , LS2 Strocker, LS7 427

2- Heads What should i use With this Block afr 225 Cc Or 205 Cc Or There's a Better HEads Than Afr ?

3- Which SuperCharger , ProCharger , Magnesum , etc ( Need Hp and Loud Sound )

4- Cam Need ur Opinion Which one Is Good For SuperCharger 427

5- Rear End 3.9 or 3.73 For Street

6- Can i use 20 Inch Wheels On this Car ? i heard ill lose too much power with the 20 Wheels What Do u Think

can i do something to my auto transmission to handle the high hp ? Or Just Change It To Manual
please jump in and tell me ur opinion

Thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
Get a yank super stock 3200 stall.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You can chuck that programmer in the trash. You'll need a custom tune with those mods. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Once your done with the basic bolt ons, the hand held tuners just don't get the job done. I decided to invest in an hptuner. Great software plugs right in to the laptop and you can monitor and tune any parameters of the engine. Cartek,Lingenfelter,Mti, east coast supercharging all use hptuners or efilive to tune with.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Get a yank super stock 3200 stall.
thanks
i contact [email protected] he told me they have new 4L80-E for c5 and TH400
what do u think ?

Some standard items are :

Special machined and built 4l80-e case
custom front pump
custom front pump adapter to bellhousing
special made output shaft to rear differential
machined differential to rear adapter plate
special rear seal plate to transmission
rear mount plate differential to chassis
reworked torque tube with U-joint fitted Heavy duty drive shaft
Heavy duty converter drive plate
deep alum finned oil pan
Exclusive Lock-up converter with multi-plate clutch (any stall)

·
Registered
292 Posts
the th400 is a much stronger tranny, you could also look in to a 200r4

·
Registered
532 Posts
Advice..

Well advice is not a good thing from everyone, but I will tell you this as I know some answers and will try to analogize..

Your questions and info=
i have 2001 c5 automatic Transmission

1- LG Pro Longtube Headers w/ Xpipe = NICE CHOICE!!
2- Corsa Muffler System Pace Car With Tiger Shark Tips=NICE CHOICE
3- VaraRamair =NICE CHOICE
4- Diaplo Programmer=JUNK, LIMITED, GET A DYNO TUNE.
5- Dewitts Radiator With Engine oil cooler and Transmission Cooler=?
6- Thermostat 160=GOOD CHOICE
7- Transmission oil cooler b&b=GOOD CHOICE
8- SLP underdriver Pully=OK, but there are better.
9- comp cams 850 lifters =?
10- SLP Timing Chain =?
11- TCI flexplate=?
12- LSX Fast 90m With Nick Williams 90m=GOOD CHOICE IF...

i am going to buy Pfadt Coil Covers This Week So i
Need Pro's Opinion am going to supercharge my vette= IM JEALOUS. NICE CHOICE without a doubt!!

1- What's the best Block ? 1- C5-R 427 ,2- Warhawk 427 , Darton , LS2 Strocker, LS7 427= Look into KATECH Jason Harding.

2- Heads What should i use With this Block afr 225 Cc Or 205 Cc Or There's a Better HEads Than Afr ? YES, TFS.

3- Which SuperCharger , ProCharger , Magnesum , etc ( Need Hp and Loud Sound )=Depends on your driving. Mine= Magnuson 9#

4- Cam Need ur Opinion Which one Is Good For SuperCharger 427=Depends on mods aside from your present. Impossible to tell until your mods are final or you have sound list ready to determine lift needs, separation, etc.

5- Rear End 3.9 or 3.73 For Street =Auto=3:73

6- Can i use 20 Inch Wheels On this Car ? i heard ill lose too much power with the 20 Wheels What Do u Think
= I run 20x10.5 rear 20 front. Not suggested if your racing it. Looks only unless you can get around the on ice type leaves you'll be hating. Im @ 622 rear and its like smoke and Ice. I hate it. Off a roll, I'll crush you, but off a hole, gimme the limiter please 4 times and then Im gonna blink passed you at about 800' and well over 110+mph.. GO with 18"DR's. Better 60's and you'll hook sooner. Unless well.. You lke the pretty smoke in the mirror.:crazy:

can i do something to my auto transmission to handle the high hp ? Or Just Change It To Manual
= Go manual. or A4 "very well modded". If you go 6, get a brace, shifter(good one, not cheap, and Spec III or twin 700+ and "BREAK IT IN PROPERLY! No less than 500 easy miles or you'll buy a new one. Oh, and upgrade your master and slave for Hi fluid flow. Get a plate, and make sure your torque tube are all sound. Look over welds also from A-arm brackets to frame. I ripped mine off.. Hard Launches. Trust me.:surprised

383 Stroker Magnuson, not going into too many details as I tend to play out on the blacktop but @ 622 its a freight train on shiny bling. (And my cam is a piece that dies off in the High R's due to supercharger inefficiency). If Magnuson go 122 not 112, be smart, once again if your going above 350 cubes..See pics. Be smart if racing it, spend the money ONCE, and use the right wheels, Supercharger, and when building motors look at the facts of proven combo's.. See Vengeance racing, and Katech and LG Motorsports. You will get a hundred unfounded answers before you find a combo that is real, and one you can really afford. Never outbuild your wallet. Its easy to do and stupid as you may slow yourself down if you build out of order of power adder or mod advantages over others. ( I hope that made sense.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts