Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
They call me, Hugh Huffner
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone post the 1981 engine vacuum system? Need some assistance with this, can't find a digram on the web, or in any of my books (Chilton or Haynes. Mainly need to see what goes to the carb and where. Having a bear of a time with this, please help! (And the Hood is not here right now!!!!)

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please?

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
even a pic of the one under a 1981 hood will work....really need this asap! Mech and I are having probs just replaced carb, and we really need to see where everything goes, she is going open choke and running at 3k rpm, cant kick her down. Please help asap!

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone there? No one can help on this? Please? I really some assistance on this!:WTF

·
Premium Member
10,261 Posts
anyone there? No one can help on this? Please? I really some assistance on this!:WTF
easy there, killer, these things can take a little time. Can't expect an answer to every question in 10 minutes. You end up getting it worked out?

·
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, hasn't been worked out. Am hoping someone can send a pic, or has a link to an 81 vacuum diagram. Sorry, but I have been through 2 carbs, and she still is having issues. She wants to choke up, and idle at 3k.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Found some info that said that the Mitchell Automotive Manuals had very good emissions and vacuum hose diagrams and that most libraries have them for reference. You probably can copy pages that you need. Sorry, not the greatest support.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Can anyone post the 1981 engine vacuum system? Need some assistance with this, can't find a digram on the web, or in any of my books (Chilton or Haynes. Mainly need to see what goes to the carb and where. Having a bear of a time with this, please help! (And the Hood is not here right now!!!!)
Get the Helms Shop Manual. Everything you need is in there.:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts