Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have an 02 Z06 with just under 2,500 original miles. I know I really don't drive it much but I love it anyway. It's my 18th corvette.
I have a chance to get a loaded 07 Z06 with under 2,000 miles in trade for mine. They want my car and have offered to buy it several times since last May. I think the owner of the dealership wants it or has somebody else that does. Anyway what would be a great deal for me? Don't know what a used 07 should go for. Your opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

~Jim

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
if it were up to ME i would keep the z but if you want to ride around with the top down every once in a while and you like the styling of the c6 then take it
but if it were up to me i would just keep the zo6:cheers:

·
Registered
486 Posts
if it were up to ME i would keep the z but if you want to ride around with the top down every once in a while and you like the styling of the c6 then take it
but if it were up to me i would just keep the zo6:cheers:
I think you need to read his post more carefully. He can trade his 02 Z06 for a 07 Z06. Why are you mentioning "top down" on a 07 Z06?

I'd keep the 02 Z06. I like the C5 styling better than the C6.

Cheers!

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
I have an 02 Z06 and would I trade it for a new one? Probably on an even trade, (which is dreaming) but only because everything would be new again. My leather is wearing and it's starting to have engine issues, plus the hp boost would be nice. But I really don't like the styling of the C6. The looks don't do anything for me. But your Z only has a couple miles on it, so I'd say keep it. It may be five years old, but with that few miles, it's still new. :thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
1,949 Posts
Hi
I have an 02 Z06 with just under 2,500 original miles. I know I really don't drive it much but I love it anyway. It's my 18th corvette.
I have a chance to get a loaded 07 Z06 with under 2,000 miles in trade for mine. They want my car and have offered to buy it several times since last May. I think the owner of the dealership wants it or has somebody else that does. Anyway what would be a great deal for me? Don't know what a used 07 should go for. Your opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I am actually considering the same thing. I have an 03 ZO6 with 5800 miles and some mods. I would do it!! As far as a good deal goes I would worry more about what they give you for your car and a tad less about what they want for there car. IMO you can expect to pay 68-70k for the 07 Z. So any number less then 66K would be a good deal. As far as the trade in goes this is where they are going to try to "get you". If it was me, I would want nothing less then 40k!! Good luck and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I think you need to read his post more carefully. He can trade his 02 Z06 for a 07 Z06. Why are you mentioning "top down" on a 07 Z06?

I'd keep the 02 Z06. I like the C5 styling better than the C6.

Cheers!
sorry he must have edited it when i wrote it because i read it twice and im sure it wasn't there before....notice how i posted only 4 minutes after he started the thread

but now that he says its a z06 i would go for the new 07

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bigred vette is right. After I read his post I wint in and added Z06. But I never mentioned convert or top down so I was confused. :surprised

~Jim

·
Registered
147 Posts
Made the exact same move, 02 to an 06 and never looked back. You'll love the new Z
Doug

·
Registered
448 Posts
Had a 02Z myself. Traded it for a 05Z51 6 speed coupe. Liked the 02Z a little bit better then. Since then, I have had a 06Z and now a 07Z. Hands down C6Z is the winner. As far as trade difference, I think you will be somewhere around 40-45K and your car assuming 07Z is a loaded unit ( 78K )

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He wants $35,000 and my car. Seems like the 06's and 07's are coming down in price. Maybe try for somewhat less.

~Jim

·
Registered
448 Posts
He wants $35,000 and my car. Seems like the 06's and 07's are coming down in price. Maybe try for somewhat less.

~Jim
What does 07Z list for? Also, is it new or used?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Sounds a little high....

One un-named dealer is advertising $2k off their NEW '07 Z06 inventory - they had about 5 of them last I checked, a week ago.

These cars stickered at about the same as what you're considering.

In your case, the '07 has got some miles on it...and invoice would be around $70k, so looks like you've got some downward room...maybe $5-7k?

Your car + a $ number is the right way to handle the negotiation, as there is then only one variable...the cash you pay.

Haven't done the research on your trade, but many sites will give you values...you know about the car's condition, customization level, etc....with a little homework you can come up with a resonable price for yours, and value it so the dealer can make some profit when he turns it - which, since he wants it so bad - shouldn't be hard. This will get you to figuring how much cash you're willing to pay.

Good Luck! And if you move up to the '07 Z, trust me, you won't look back!

:partyon:

·
Registered
448 Posts
List was just over 77K and it has just under 2,000 miles.

~Jim
You are right about market coming down on C6Z's. A 07 with 2k miles would probably be around 66k wholesale. If they are asking your car plus 35k then they are giving you around 31k for your car and thats trading wholesale to wholesale. Even though your car is real low miles thats a ton of money for it on a wholesale basis. I think it's a pretty good deal although it never hurts to try and wittle more!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts