Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 6 speed Manuel transmission. The problem is the car won't start or crank. I push the ignition button and everything goes black and about 6 seconds later the gouges come on but no start. It's showing service fuel system and low fuel. The battery is about perfect and all the grounds have been cleaned. Also when I close the driver's side door the window doesn't raise or move at all. Just need some help.

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
Hello. Any time the battery gets disconnected the windows need to be re-indexed. The way we do this is by sitting in the vehicle with the ignition or accessory mode on and put the windows up. Hold the power window switch up for 2 seconds after the window is all the way up and you hear the relay click. Then do this again. Just pull up on the window switch until you hear the click. Do this for both sides. This learns the door modules where the windows top most position is. And when you open the door the glass will drop and when you shut the door it will go back up.

If you have a convertible C6 it is important to remember that if the windows are not indexed the top will not operate.

If you have a door that is loosing this learned value without the battery actually being disconnected this would imply there is a fault present with the power or ground wires or connections feeding that door module.

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
About the no start issue there are a few things you could check. First is of course your battery terminals and the battery itself. Can you twist the terminals? Or are the terminals the kind that just clamp bare wire and maybe might have less than a positive connection? Can you start another car with the battery or have it tested at a local auto parts store?

Once we have verified these first few steps that is the battery and terminals the next major place you need to look at is the power lug on the starter. These lugs come loose and they burn. Can you move the power wire connected to the starter? Is it loose at the starter? Or is it burned at the starter? If you power the control wire to the starter does the engine crank? You might just need a starter.

If these things are all in place and check out then you should explore the clutch pedal position switch. All of these things are known to cause your no start issue as you have described it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just went through something similar. Actually I'm still dealing with it. The situation is a little different, but similar in that the gauge display will be dead. After I checked everything and installing new car battery it still was dead. On a whim, I tried to use my wife's key fob. It actually worked. Then I changed the battery in my key fob to a new battery, and it worked. Don't know if this will help you, but it's worth a try bc it's so easy to do.

I'm about the jack my car up so I can inspect the starter solenoid connection. That is the only thing I haven't inspected yet, well there a few grounds I haven't gotten to yet either.

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
I’ve done all the grounds on the outside of mine and some are sob’s to get too. Haven’t done the ones on the inside. Didn’t feel like stripping the interior out to get to them. I’ll keep the fob battery in the old memory bank for future reference. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts