Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With wind noise I understand that there are several possible solutions:
Window Tip Adjustment (major/minor)
Blow Out Clip Adjustment
Convertible Top Adjustment (painful)
Replace Weatherstripping (costly)

I know I have different symptoms on each window but before I go in with possible solutions, I did not want to start at window tip adjustments and it's actually a convertible top adjustment that I needed. Hence, the proverbial needle in the haystack :surprised .

1. I used the slide the paper in and out window with the window fully up and door closed technique. I did this to discover where the air was entering.

2. This is what I discovered:

Driver's Side Window:

1. On top of the window, the paper was very snug and would not slide in and out of the window/door
2. On the right side of the window (going towards the ground), the paper slide in and out of the window/door like the door was open
3. Consequently that is spot where I hear noise
4. POSSIBLE SOLUTION?

Passenger's Side Window:

1. On top of the window, the paper was very snug and would not slide in and out of the window/door
2. On the right side of the window, the paper was very snug there also
3. However I do hear wind noise at the top of the window
4. Occasionally when the door is closed with the window up, the top left tip of the window catches the convertible top corner. It doesn't do this everything time but enough to be significant. If I push the left top portion of the window when I am closing the door, it never catches the convertible top then.
5. POSSIBLE SOLUTION?

Tonneau Cover:
1. I recently discovered that I have some abrasion there where the convertible top comes in contact with the tonneau.
2. If I'm not mistaken the abrasion is in the middle of the tonneau cover.
5. POSSIBLE SOLUTION?

My local dealership does not want any parts of resolving this one. Secondly, at $97 an hour, tracking down a phantom really is a bit cost prohibitive :crazy:

VETSTYL :flag:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts