Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Black 08, A&A TI supercharger. Kooks headers. CCW wheels. Much more
12,668 Posts
i would definatly not do this.thats MAJOR shock to the entire power train.i had an 83 trans-am cross-fire injection,i was able to do 3 neutral drops,then 1500 bucks to rebuild the trany..and that was a good deal because i broke lots of little pieces as well as all the major components.i would list them,but it's been 6 years since i sold the car.lock-up convertors are not that strong either.at least if you power brake,the power train is 'loaded',so the shock is not so bad.(on street tires)don't let your buddy's talk you into it,they probably would not mind to see you break your car.(just kidding)one more thing,the trany guy,said he was suprised i didn't crack or shatter the trans casing (i believe yours is aluminum)then you would have to buy a junk yard trans and rebuild that one....:smokin:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Only do it if its a rental car :D

being serious, you will really mess up your car if you start doing that

·
Registered
257 Posts
I high school I knew a guy that had a camero. He would neutral drop it until the day that it did some major damage to the trans. Aaaahhhhh the memories.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
not a good thing to do!

i was in high school and my sister lent me her '84 supra from time to time. it didn't have the PUNCH the other cars(earlier Z28s etc) had. a friend of mine was like "I know how you can get this car to spin the tires!...but it might blow your transmission" who was i to deny a good tire spin! wound it up to 5 and BAM right to first.

i did that a few too many times and was stranded on the road 20 miles from home with no working gears.

My Dad knew a tranny guy and had it fixed. I was warned then by him "The next time you do something like that to your sisters car, you're outta here!"

Needless to say, I advise against it,and haven't done that since I was 17 :D

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
MVR 155 said:
Only do it if its a rental car :D

being serious, you will really mess up your car if you start doing that
:agree:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Pretty sure neutral drops are what ruined the spider gears in a Camaro I had a few years ago. Don't do it!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts