Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a friend in the passenger seat for their first vette ride.. They were freaking out because we were so low to the ground here in truck country...lol

But they did have a good point.. we were looking up at a mini cooper...

after 16 years of vette ownership I pay no attention anymore.. but does our profile on the road bother anyone else out there???

·
Registered
72 Posts
The only time I ever notice it on the road is at a stoplight at night with a truck behind me and their lights shining in every one of my mirrors. I'm also reminded of it everytime my passenger has to get out of the car :laughing:.

·
Registered
891 Posts
The first time it "hit" me was when I was going thru the drive thru at Taco Bell. The girl at the window said, "Wow, your low." Then she had to almost drop the food to me. The only time it's a pain for me is trying to use a drive up ATM. It seems they're all built for people driving SUV's.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
The Vette Vert feels like a lifted 4WD truck compared to my first fiberglass car. It was a 1970 Lotus Europa. I had it lowered 2" so it was about 40" tall to the top of the roof. It weighed about 1500 pounds and had about a 135 horsepower 1.6 litre engine.

I could check out the dirt on the undercarriage of a Corvette from the drivers seat. It was the best handling street car that I've ever owned. So....no the Vette doesn't make me feel small. As a matter of fact I feel like I'm 3" bigger when I drive it.;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
but does our profile on the road bother anyone else out there???
Can't say it bothers me because I like it like that, but there are some adjustments you have to make.

Drive through obviously requires some extra reaching but no big deal.

The only real problem is when I find myself in the blind spot of an SUV driver. The drivers (usually talking on the phone) tend to look back over their shoulder, but not down so they never see me even when they turn to look. Simple solution of course, pass em as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
476 Posts
People are usually looking for where the noise is coming from before they see me and i never hangout in a blind spot because i know how annoying it is when someone hangs out in mine I either give'r hell or back off... i prefer option one:laughing:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
My DD is a Silverado, so when I do take the vette I notice the difference. ATM, Mailbox, Drive-Thrus are all ass pain in the vette. I also don't like not being able to see around the vehicle in front of me, but i just try to pass them so I'm leading the pack.

·
Registered
846 Posts
It always freaks out my wife, to be looking up at Honda Civics. She never gets to look up at them long!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts