Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am picking up my new 08 Z in a couple weeks and I am trying to get all of the aftermarket upgrades taken care of now. I am going to have the GM mechanic take care of everything before I pick it up.

I have been looking at the Vortec supercharger as my number one option to put me above 600 HP. Does anyone have any experience with thses on the
LS7 ?

Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
:surprised you dont even have the car and youve already planed a supercharger

good man:thumbsup:

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
IMO the ls7 has really high compression so i would stick natrually aspirated. Heads, cam, headers, intake and a tune will put you well over 600hp, close to 600rwhp, there and aftermarket company that sells a device that plugs in so you control the exhaust valves with a switch. ive seen a video on youtube with the above mods i mentioned + nitrous and dynoes at 700rwhp. good luck and enjoy the beast

if your a fan of FI id recomend TT

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:surprised you dont even have the car and youve already planed a supercharger

good man:thumbsup:

It's paid for already. They are adding the rear spoiler and split front clip. I am also having some custom paint work done before I pick it up. I am gonna go get some pics later tonight and check the progress.

I really want to stay away from nitrous but a stock set-up just isnt gonna get it done. I have a budget of $110,000.00 for the car and all of the aftermarket upgrades so I want it done right the first time.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
It's paid for already. They are adding the rear spoiler and split front clip. I am also having some custom paint work done before I pick it up. I am gonna go get some pics later tonight and check the progress.

I really want to stay away from nitrous but a stock set-up just isnt gonna get it done. I have a budget of $110,000.00 for the car and all of the aftermarket upgrades so I want it done right the first time.
:thud: i wish i had a $110,000 budget for my c5:devil:

·
Registered
62 Posts
With that kind of money to spend, you might want to check into some of the lingenfelter packages. Then you at least have some kind of warranty on your new monster motor.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So in everyones opinion, this package would be about as good as it gets?

800 BHP
Package includes:

Engine removal, inspection and disassembly JE Forged aluminum pistons Manley fully machined 4340 forged steel connecting rods Computer balanced rotating assembly Professional assembly and blueprinting of engine Properly sized fuel injectors and high capacity fuel system Twin Garrett oil lubricated & liquid cooled true ball bearing turbochargers
Super high efficiency air to air charge coolers 304 Stainless steel 4 into 1 custom exhaust manifolds & turbo outlets Belt driven turbocharger scavenge pump & turbo oil drain reservoir Custom molded silicone air ducts Two S&B 360 degree conical air filters Stainless steel / ceramic heat shields & stainless clamps Port matched LS7 intake manifold Ported and polished throttle body Gaskets and fasteners
Stainless Steel cat back exhaust by Corsa Performance - 2 tip system
Professional installation, testing and tuning Chassis dyno report
Excellent drivability, highway mileage not adversely affected Lingenfelter 3 year/ 36,000 mile warranty 2006 Corvette package prices - $45,995.00
Normal installation time required: 8-12 weeks with prior notification.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well lets see....

First car at 15 was a 1976 Hurst edition Trans am with a blown 400 CID Kept it 3 years, was a great car. :partyon:

Second car was a porsche 911, hated it, dumped it after 3 months.:down:

Third was a 1967 Camero, kept that until my wife and I had our first baby and needed to get a more reliable everyday driver.:thud:

I havent driven A true performance car for a long time, Im not real worried about driving it. Im actually looking at some driving schools now just to be ahead of the learning curve as much as I can.

·
Registered
729 Posts
What's your experience with high end/high performance sports cars? The stock Z will kick your ass if you don't know how to drive it. I have a stock C6 and it's tough keeping the rear tires from making lots of smoke.
I am glad that I'm not the first to say this...if you don't already have plenty of experience with high HP, torque RWD cars, my suggestion would be for you to spend a few thousand miles getting to know this car. Take a driving course track it a few times. If you are experienced already knock yourself out...I just would not want to see another 11 mile odometer reading in a totaled Z06.

·
Registered
16,300 Posts
I am picking up my new 08 Z in a couple weeks and I am trying to get all of the aftermarket upgrades taken care of now. I am going to have the GM mechanic take care of everything before I pick it up.

I have been looking at the Vortec supercharger as my number one option to put me above 600 HP. Does anyone have any experience with thses on the
LS7 ?

Thanks

Gary
You can get close to that NA with a lot less trouble. Otherwise do it right and go twin turbo with big coolers.

:cheers:

·
Registered
721 Posts
the guy who just finished the tuning on my vette has a 06 Z with a procharger slapped on it. He's making 653 at the wheels with 2 lbs of boost.:partyon:

·
Registered
16,601 Posts
First car at 15 was a 1976 Hurst edition Trans am with a blown 400 CID Kept it 3 years, was a great car. :partyon:

Second car was a porsche 911, hated it, dumped it after 3 months.:down:

Third was a 1967 Camero, kept that until my wife and I had our first baby and needed to get a more reliable everyday driver.:thud:

IMO - There is a huge difference between the heavy cars you've driven in the past and the light weight rocket you are talking about with the Z. Not trying to convince you to do anything different. Just want to make sure you know what you are in for. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
If you want big hp, Lingenfelter is the way to go! Excellent work!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
IMO - There is a huge difference between the heavy cars you've driven in the past and the light weight rocket you are talking about with the Z. Not trying to convince you to do anything different. Just want to make sure you know what you are in for. :thumbsup:
I hear what you are saying and I appreciate your response. Obviously I have no Idea what to expect but you gotta know I am looking forward to it. I really do plan on taking my time not only with the build out on this car but with learning how to control it. Im quite certain that to say this is going to be a handfull is the understatement of the year but I gotta do it :devil: In the past 2 months I have driven everything from a Viper to a ferrari 430 and the car I kept going back to was the Z06.

·
Caution: Car melts in Rain
4,151 Posts
I hear what you are saying and I appreciate your response. Obviously I have no Idea what to expect but you gotta know I am looking forward to it. I really do plan on taking my time not only with the build out on this car but with learning how to control it. Im quite certain that to say this is going to be a handfull is the understatement of the year but I gotta do it :devil: In the past 2 months I have driven everything from a Viper to a ferrari 430 and the car I kept going back to was the Z06.

just wait until you boost it... its going to be legend-wait-for-it-dairy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts