Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
.My new ZR1 came in Thursday.
I haven't rapped it all the way out yet, but the tires won't hold just lightly romping on it. I would have to go too fast to use all the power without spinning the wheels. I'm staying under 5 Grand on the rpms until I get 4 or 500 miles on it. I plan to take it to the track next weekend to really try it out. By then it'll be broke in and ready to see what it's got.
It's much easier to drive that the old one. my mother could have driven this car. I let my daughter drive it yesterday. You can shift it with 2 fingers, and the clutch is softer than any car I've driven. You got to put out to push the clutch on the old 2004 ZO6. But it's a high performance aftermarket clutch.
The power seems much easier to control than the old one. Doesn't jump like the old one does. But when you want the power, it's easy to get to. They've come a long way since 2004. The 04 is more untamed raw power, but I have a super charger on it. This one will make a great street car and track car.

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
Congrats! Unfortunately, this thread is worthless without pictures lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks,
Took it to the track last week end. Didn't seem to quite get what I could get on the straights as I did in the old one. But when I picked up my lap time I found that I was faster.
Great handling car. Those cup tires really grip.
Very street friendly too.

:cheers:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update please . Any mods?
Not going to mod the ZR! for a little while, just enjoying the ride for now.
However I have a 2006 Z06 I'm playing with. I blew the engine on the road track so I'm having it stroked out as far as it will go with all forged parts, external oil cooler, racing oil pan, and a more aggressive cam.
It's almost ready, will have a full list when it's done. It will be track only.

Already I had on it; LG long Tube Headers, Fast Flow Cat X Pipes with Corsa Pace Exhaust and Tiger Shark Tips, Pro Charger super charger, ported Throttle Body, Throttle Body Coolant Bypass, High Performance Clutch to handle all the torque , Wilwood Brakes, High performance shocks and a B&M Ripper Shifter.

I'm not that familiar with the garage, but if you can look at my garage you can see it. It's yellow.

Can't wait to get back on the track with it. I expect it to be around 650 RWHP.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Attachments

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
I haven't really been looking yet, was waiting for the engine work to be completed.
Any suggestions?
I'm sorry. I was hoping you had already found a good one. :laughing:

Maybe the C7 performance seats will be transferrable.

Now that I look at them, I'm not sure they look that supportive.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Break in period

I'm staying under 5 Grand on the rpms until I get 4 or 500 miles on it. I plan to take it to the track next weekend to really try it out. By then it'll be broke in and ready to see what it's got.
I might be thinking old school here and i know engine build tech has come a long way, but shouldn't you at least wait untill the first oil change before you push the engine? 500 miles is nothing. How could the engine be broken in by then?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts