Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys my trans was rebuild a month ago,i sent a lot of goodies to the shop,regular upgrade as tv .500 boost valve,low intermediate boost valve,pump ring kit,wide band ,the beast...

my trans returned into a box with all the old parts they changed and i found that some parts i've sent to the shop was not used...
[/IMG]

the boost .500 valve returned and was not mounted,the same for intermediate valve...looking at boost valve i found some differences,it comes from TCS http://www.tcsproducts.com/ some pics...
one side
[/IMG]

look at the other side
[/IMG]

i think this was the reason why they don't used this valve...
any idea,what about this valve

[/IMG]

there was a shift kit and i assume they don't put it inside...so they rebuild a stock 700r4,the same for steel pump ring...
[/IMG]

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
sounds like you got hosed, sorry to hear that

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
What do you want to do with your 700r4?

How much HP do you have?

Face facts. 700r4's really suck.

Good luck.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dont feel alone I am fighting with a transmisson shop now my self that screwd my over.

But so far I got the BBB involed and there rating was an (A) now it a (F).

I also have the BAR going after them to get my money back from them.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trans seems to work fine and smooth,but i don't rebuild a trans every year...hopefully every 20 years:laughing:,so it was a chance to put inside all these stuffs for firmer shifting.Yes they put the beast, wider band,but valves come back as i sent and i don't understand why they don't put inside,there's no machining required to put a tv valve boost in the valve body,only reason may be this valve is bad,actualy it shows some differences compared to the stock one,so if someone guys has an idea...it is possible to put inside the tv valve working from the pan without removing valve body assembly?my engine is barely stock, i have headers and exaust,i was looking for a firmer and stronger 700r4 to manage about 350-400 hp

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
valves come back as i sent and i don't understand why they don't put inside,
How good is the shop?
Maybe they know something you don't
Need to ask what / why they did what they did.

I was talked out of installing the big boost valve ( that everyone online said you had to have) by my trans builder;
30 year veteran of building race trans.
Glad I did ;
with the shift kit I have and the billet servo my T700 shifts super fast and firm @ WOT with the stock valve
Almost a little too firm at low speed / part throttle 1-2 shifts

there was a shift kit and i assume they don't put it inside..
The better shift kits come with options so not all parts are installed; dependent upon what level you wanted installed

Exp B&M Transpak # 70235
Each kit includes two options: Heavy Duty and Hi-Perf.
Heavy Duty is for towing, off-roading, or other heavy-duty use. You get firmer shifts and full manual control over downshifts, with normal automatic operation when in "drive."
Hi-Perf gives you quicker, snappier shifts than Heavy Duty, with standard shift points and automatic features when in "drive."

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vetteoz thanks for the reply,the shop is in busines since 1973,they have a lot of guys in the shop,it's a good team i'm sure they did a good job,they put the beast ,wide band ,new servo and good kolene clutches, and all minor regular stuff ,trans returned with a lot of detailed instructions and warnings about what to do or not to do in the box,they add a service kit(filter gasket) a bottle of spray lines cleaner, trans oil and trans additive and a new/rebuild torque converter and a new pan.

http://www.trasmatic.com/

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok talking about lucky guys...250 miles on my new trans and burnt clutches...TV cable was set to factory specs at wot,but today starting from a light stop after second gear ,noththing...
It's possible that a too wide set of tV cable cause burnig clutches?I know that a TV cable set at wot,pressing D tab produces harsh shifting but don't burn clutches,viceversa a too smooth setting cause a slipping condition that burn clutches...:thud:My trans it's new i can belive the reason it's a TV cable ,i know how to set it,and it wasn't smooth,it was set wide and hard,with 2-3 click free behind bracket and the cable tab...i've waited about 10 months,and now another nightmare,taking it a part again ,boxing and shipping to service, probably rejecting my warranty adding third party responsibility...waiting again to have my trans on my car...:crazy::thud:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts