Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope ya'll like the pics I painted my calipers yestrerday and put a corvette patch on my ctr console lid.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks hulkdaddy, it was so easy to do and cost me 20 bucks

·
Registered
939 Posts
I love the Calipers! Would you please post info of what you used / how you did it?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the patch was a iron on, i heated the iron to cotton layed the emblem on the armrest and covered with a thin damp wash cloth then put the iron on the emblem and pressed for 10 seconds, then ironed back and forth for 20 seconds applying medium pressure and walla there you go a 120 k ron fellows ctr console for 10 bucks!

calipers i bought the paint at pep boys for 15 bucks masked off the wheels and painted first coat. let dry 2 hours and painted second coat. let dry overnight painted third coat let dry 3 hours then used a silver paint pen found at wal mart in the sewing dept and painted the corvette letters.

i know its not 400 dollar red calipers but i sure think they look good for a few hours work and 20 bucks. the cool thing is i have over 3/4 bottle of paint left and im looking at the engine compartment and thinking hmmm just maybe there is something in there i can do.

i sure am wanting to do some carbon fiber interior work to this car, but i want more than whats on the fellows edition i want some pices for the doors as well, and would love to have the rear spoiler done in carbon fiber but cant seem to find one.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Thanks for the info! I assume the paint you got from Pep Boys is able to stand up to the temperatures of the brakes?

·
DC Crew
3,482 Posts
I really like the calipers. I never noticed how small the rear brakes are on these cars though.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the patch was a iron on, i heated the iron to cotton layed the emblem on the armrest and covered with a thin damp wash cloth then put the iron on the emblem and pressed for 10 seconds, then ironed back and forth for 20 seconds applying medium pressure and walla there you go a 120 k ron fellows ctr console for 10 bucks!

calipers i bought the paint at pep boys for 15 bucks masked off the wheels and painted first coat. let dry 2 hours and painted second coat. let dry overnight painted third coat let dry 3 hours then used a silver paint pen found at wal mart in the sewing dept and painted the corvette letters.

i know its not 400 dollar red calipers but i sure think they look good for a few hours work and 20 bucks. the cool thing is i have over 3/4 bottle of paint left and im looking at the engine compartment and thinking hmmm just maybe there is something in there i can do.

i sure am wanting to do some carbon fiber interior work to this car, but i want more than whats on the fellows edition i want some pices for the doors as well, and would love to have the rear spoiler done in carbon fiber but cant seem to find one.
for carbon fiber heaven for a c6 go to www.apsis.com, he does almost everypart u can think of in carbon fiber lamination. now 2 issues, he is quite expensive, and he charges and requires a core. so, u may have to buy the GM racing spoiler and send it to him for carbon fiber lamination, call jersey at apsis.com and he will be glad to help you. I think u will be pretty happy, just have ur checkbook ready. for engine compartment, i have been using carbling.com, i have some on his items for my 07 Z06, very happy, have a set of carbon fiber LS7 covers coming that i will used mirrored raised lettering on...both vendors are repuable, and very helpful. take ur time and shop, esp for carbon fiber items. that may make a standard c6 CF spoiler, that u can get at ecklers or MAW.
u did a great job on ur calipers! congrats...i am doing a lot of custom BCM peices on my atomic orange Z06, it is slow going, and let one change at a time sink in. keep ur stock parts for trade and selling off on ebay...:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
10,115 Posts
Calipers look great Mike. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
86 Posts
for carbon fiber heaven for a c6 go to www.apsisusa.com, he does almost everypart u can think of in carbon fiber lamination. now 2 issues, he is quite expensive, and he charges and requires a core. so, u may have to buy the GM racing spoiler and send it to him for carbon fiber lamination, call jersey at apsis.com and he will be glad to help you. I think u will be pretty happy, just have ur checkbook ready. for engine compartment, i have been using www.carbling.com, i have some on his items for my 07 Z06, very happy, have a set of carbon fiber LS7 covers coming that i will used mirrored raised lettering on...both vendors are repuable, and very helpful. take ur time and shop, esp for carbon fiber items. that may make a standard c6 CF spoiler, that u can get at ecklers or MAW.
u did a great job on ur calipers! congrats...i am doing a lot of custom BCM peices on my atomic orange Z06, it is slow going, and let one change at a time sink in. keep ur stock parts for trade and selling off on ebay...:thumbsup:
ammended my apsis web address... use www.apsisusa.com for c6 carbon lamination items...matt

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nc yella, thanks for the info. i found a guy yesterday afternoon who does the same thing as what your guy does, he can laminate anything i want. this is what i want to do let me know what you think.

1. dash bezel around instrument cluster and pods
2. ctr console piece around radio etc BUT i want to go all the way back to the waterfall as well. ctr console lid will not be carbon fiber.
3. door lock bezels on each door
4. window trim bezel on both doors
5. corvette letters on dash filled in
6. the 2 silver pieces on the steering wheel
7. rear spoiler, not racing spoiler just have the stock one done

then i want to have the seat inserts done in real red not GM's maroon in a red carand have the stitching done in red. and the lower part of the dash done in red and the bottom of the door panels

tom slicka,
i got the patch off ebay

·
Registered
939 Posts
Hey, now that you've had those calipers painted for a week or so, how is the paint holding up after a bit of driving?

Any peeling or anything like that? I'm seriously considering do that same thing to my LMB '07

Thanks!

Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts