Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's about as close to Marina Blue that was available in the sixties for SS 396s and the Corvette I have seen since. We didn't think it was a "girly" color then. It wasn't sparkly looking then and I would have to see it in person. It's not for me though. It seems to date the car or something its like they just said let's just throw this out there and see what happens. Frankly I've had 5 White ones another color that gets a lot of debate. When you spend them kinda bucks its your car so who cares what others think ? It's your baby.

wwr

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
This is a very odd color choice for the Corvette IMO. Some people detest it with great passion, others are unsure, some claim to like it. I have not seen it in person so honestly I don't know. My first reaction was very negative, but every picture I've seen since seems like people have been trying to make it look darker than it is to make it look better, or more like electron blue or something. I dunno, It's sort of the same way that people edit pics of their monterey red cars to make them look all bright and shiny like mag red used to be. I don't know who's picking all of these colors, but they just can't get it right. There have been debates over the oranges, blues, reds, etc.

At least you can still get it in black. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
i was driving on the florida turnpike going north and saw a truck full of C6s going south--there were 4 or 5 jet stream blues on it--the weather was cloudless--completely sunny and bright--the color does certaintly pop--however i just dont like it on a C6--it takes away the badassness factor (if thats even a term)

no pics though...sorry

·
Only green will do...
18,403 Posts
No way that color is a true blue very nice indeed go blue:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Hated it til I saw it in person. Mind you, it was in a dark corner of the museum in Bowling Green, but, I like it more now than I did seeing it only in pics.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just saw it on a coupe this morning at my dealership. Can't say I like it. Sort of a love it or hate it color. Had tinges of teal and green in it unders the dealers showroom lights. My salesman also reported that people either loved it or hated it.

·
Registered
565 Posts
That's about as close to Marina Blue that was available in the sixties for SS 396s and the Corvette I have seen since. We didn't think it was a "girly" color then. It wasn't sparkly looking then and I would have to see it in person. It's not for me though. It seems to date the car or something its like they just said let's just throw this out there and see what happens. Frankly I've had 5 White ones another color that gets a lot of debate. When you spend them kinda bucks its your car so who cares what others think ? It's your baby.

wwr
I think I said once that my '69 GTO was a turquoise back then, and I liked it. But a bit darker. This is a very pretty color, but I would really like it if it was a bit darker. Porsche has some 'girly' colors, too. Still and all, it is better than just having everything gray or silver which seems to be what other cars are going to these days.

·
Registered
232 Posts
i have seen this in perosn on both c6 and z06. it looks nice and at different angles it looks teal colored. i think the best blue for people to agree on would be a mix between lmb and jsb :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wait until you see the color on the car in person under various lighting conditions and at different viewing angles.

Rick's pictures are about the most accurate you'll see on the net, but none are exact matches. The color is typically fractionally darker and not a pure blue. Its perception also changes slightly depending upon the colors/cars around it and the panel you look at. The pictures that show the color as either a real blue or Nassau are somewhat misleading.

The aqua/teal component is visible under a number of conditions, usually in or around the highlights. It never really dominates the car, but it can shift the value a bit. It typically isn't noticeable on most pics.

If it really had been Marina, I suspect that would have worked well. I realize that in the quest for 'new,' the hue-shift colors are seeing increased usage, but I'm not sure this one was the best choice for the application and audience in question.

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
:agree: When it comes to "your money" and "your car", it's "your choice". Who really cares what other people like, it's not there car anyway! The new blue is beautiful as is "ALL" of the colors! :buhbye:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts