Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Stuart at Zip zip-products.com and Gene at gmpartshouse.com I have a few new additions to the car. Stuart hooked me up with the carbon fiber MCM heat extractor hood. It was perfect on fit and finish and installed easily at my body shop (Richey Collision in Houston - Thanks Chris and Karen!). I got the mesh vent inserts from Gene and they really complete the look! I am very happy with them.

Here are just a few pics (sorry it was a rainy day). More to follow on a good day.

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,388 Posts
Gorgeous! I want that hood SO bad!

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Flows with the body lines great and it's not to high either. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Awesome! Fess up...what's it REALLY feel like to pull up next to a Ricer at a stoplight and just idle.... :laughing:

:partyon:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Car looks GREAT. :thumbsup:

How does that hood handle the rain??? It looks like the engine compartment would get soaked in heavy rain. I’m curious because I love that hood but it rains allot in Oregon.

·
Registered
477 Posts
So ... the only original body panels left on your car are what? The rear & doors? ...

:thumbsup:
Ahh you forgot about his roof, and side mirrors:smack :thumbsup: I'm following Devilray though on replacing nearly every damn panel on my 2005 C6:devil: I'm Half way there bud keep up the good work!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Man I love your car!!!! Looks like our tastes are exactly the same...there isn't one thing on your car that I wouldn't do to mine. Only difference between us, you have the money and I don't. :down: :laughing:

Absolutely beautiful!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
oh great thanks for showing me that.....got to start saving up now.
looks great:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
That is one badass lookin beast

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beautiful addition...:thumbsup:
It was your car that inspired the hood. I LOVE that look.

qualitywah said:
what part of houston are you in b/c im in houston also. where did you get all of your stuff done?
I live south of Houston. All body work done by Richey Collision in North Houston. Call Chris or Karen Watts - (281) 893-6341 - 12221 Veterans Memorial Drive. Engine and drivetrain done by MTI in Houston 281 870 8787. Call me at 832 423 5936 if you want to discuss. Good luck!

ankurpatel said:
So ... the only original body panels left on your car are what? The rear & doors? ...
Current original panels include the roof, doors, hatchback and rear fascia. Every replaced part is OEM C6Z except the hood. GM has had to replace the roof twice for delamination.

Thanks to all for the kind comments. The car is about where I want it now except for a 100-150 shot of spray to come later and a gauge pod with nexus afr, fp, and np.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
i love my mcm hood:partyon:

did you get the super charger size?

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
I got their standard high rise carbon fiber hood. Don't think they have a taller one out yet. I wouldn't have gotten a taller one anyway. I think this one is about perfect.
:thumbsup: i think it looks perfect to

you have one of my favorite cars on dc:cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts