Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finishing up installing my new engine harness wiring and have a few connectors that I'm not 100% where they went.

Some background, my CEC system had been completely disabled and parts are missing. Car was originally built with a manual but had an TH400 auto tranny installed, so when I bought my harness I chose the manual one so no doubt there are probably a few connections that will never be used (until I switch it back). I also switched my distributor from my coil + points distributor to an aftermarket HEI one. The power for the new dizzy was going to come from a dedicated wire I ran through the firewall to the fuse box.

Here are the 5 connectors and where I thought they went:
#1 - I believe this went to the dist coil which I don't have anymore (HEI)
#2 - ???
#3 - ???
#4 - ???
#5 - CEC solenoid on the carb

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
#2 & #4 figured out

Ok, #2 & #4 I agree should go to the washer pump as I was wondering why those 2 metal tabs stuck out from the washer cover. Does it matter which way they the yellow and blue are connected? That is, in my picture, are they connected the right way or do they need to be switched around, or it doesn't matter?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Do you not have an AIM for your car?

They tend to have good enough wiring diagrams to get you through these sorts of projects.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you not have an AIM for your car?

They tend to have good enough wiring diagrams to get you through these sorts of projects.
I do have an AIM and it's just too general. I found pictures on page 76 and 261 that show connections but not the color. I also have a copy of the electrical diagram but it just shows those 2 connections going to the washer in block like manner, so that doesn't help resolve if the blue and yellow needs to be on a specific side or not.

If I had a working battery in the car, maybe I could test which if any are hot. I'm "ass"uming one is + and the other -. If that's the case, maybe if I had them in the wrong order the motor would just run in the wrong direction. But I'd hate to be wrong and blow something.

Those 2 wires were never connected when I bought the car. Unsure why the PO would have disconnected them (bank repo my car is, so I've never talked to PO).

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Google images

I poked around Google images for some engine shots trying to find some that might show the washer connection. I believe I've found some and that I need to switch around my yellow and blue from my image.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts