Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· DC PIT CREW BOSS
25,444 Posts
Welcome to DC. Another AK native here. Born at Ft Rich.

· Super Moderator
2,015 Posts
Sorry to see you guys put up your rides. Living in the Mid Atlantic coast region, winters are not harsh with a few inches of snow here and there. Temps average 30 - 40's in mid winter but I drive mine all year round, Guess I'm lucky.
Definitely good modding time, have fun.

· Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Hey OldVetteOwner how’s the weather up there? Had some relatives live up there for a few years said the winters could be very harsh. Hope all is well. Looking forward to spring and vette weather, oh and Merry Christmas.

· Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry Triple dizzle. I haven't been on here for quite a while But I am back. I live in Juneau so it doesn't get real cold here in the winter. I was born here and the coldest I can remember was 23 below zero. That's pretty rare here. I getting ready to drive the Corvette starting in about a week. It has really been sunny weather the last week or so but it is only in the low 40s. We got a lot of snow this winter but it has all melted except on the mountains around here..For a very small city of 32,00 there are a fair amount of Corvettes here. I know 2 people that have 2022 Corvettes. One is a Convertible and the other is a Coupe or hard top. My 2019 was expensive enough so I couldn't afford a new 2020 Vette. I paid cash for the 2019. Had to buy it through a Corvette dealer in Seattle. Sight unseen. I don't have a lot of options on it. I should have bought a 2019 ZR1. They only made it for that year if I am not mistaken. The dealer only sold Stingrays. Those 2019 ZR1s have to be worth a bundle now. To fully equip one probably would have cost you 150 to 180 grand or more. They had 750 horse power and a seven speed transmission. You could also get a automatic transmission on all the models.. In 2019 they had four Corvette models.The Stingray, Grand Sport, Z06 and the ZR1. Have you ever heard of the Corvette Black Book? I will have to check it out in that book to see what a fully loaded 2019 ZR1 Convertible would have cost. Take Care.

· DC PIT CREW BOSS
25,444 Posts
Good to see you back OVO. We thought your keyboard got frozen up

· Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Glad to here that you are going to get to enjoy your vette. Zr1 is a hell of car but if I were going up in performance the z06 would be my choice the r1 is just way to much car for me. I have a base 07 convertible and it scares the bjesus out of me at times. Stay warm and safe up in the midnight sun.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts