Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry Triple dizzle. I haven't been on here for quite a while But I am back. I live in Juneau so it doesn't get real cold here in the winter. I was born here and the coldest I can remember was 23 below zero. That's pretty rare here. I getting ready to drive the Corvette starting in about a week. It has really been sunny weather the last week or so but it is only in the low 40s. We got a lot of snow this winter but it has all melted except on the mountains around here..For a very small city of 32,00 there are a fair amount of Corvettes here. I know 2 people that have 2022 Corvettes. One is a Convertible and the other is a Coupe or hard top. My 2019 was expensive enough so I couldn't afford a new 2020 Vette. I paid cash for the 2019. Had to buy it through a Corvette dealer in Seattle. Sight unseen. I don't have a lot of options on it. I should have bought a 2019 ZR1. They only made it for that year if I am not mistaken. The dealer only sold Stingrays. Those 2019 ZR1s have to be worth a bundle now. To fully equip one probably would have cost you 150 to 180 grand or more. They had 750 horse power and a seven speed transmission. You could also get a automatic transmission on all the models.. In 2019 they had four Corvette models.The Stingray, Grand Sport, Z06 and the ZR1. Have you ever heard of the Corvette Black Book? I will have to check it out in that book to see what a fully loaded 2019 ZR1 Convertible would have cost. Take Care.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
It is still about 42 degrees in the day time and about 32 degrees at night. If you look at a map of Alaska,Juneau is in the northern part of Southeast Alaska. We have a climate similar to coastal Northern British Columbia,Canada. Some of you Vette folks have been on here a while,that is great. Great Forum too. I am Old Buzzard:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Itook off the car cover last highth and went over the car with a California Duster. Looks fine. i waxed it well after i put it away last November. ordered a brush from the National Corvette Museum to clean around the bolts on the wheels. The are hard to clean. Cheers Every One!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
You catch it in Bellingham, Washington. As far as the State Ferry I not sure how far it is from Bellimgham to Juneau,May be a 1,000. I really don't know. Never took the ferry from there .I think Bellingham is about 100 miles north of Seattle. It stops in Ketchikan, Petersburg and Wrangell, Alaska before it gets to Juneau. Its about 800 miles as the crow flies from Seattle to Juneau via air.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts