Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i just purchased a 2005 Le Mans Blue Z51 6 speed about a week ago as my first vette....i love it! I've wanted a vette since i was 12 (i'm 23) and it was woth the wait. I'm taking it to the local drag strip tomorrow to see what it can do, i'm hoping low 12's. The only mod to it is a Corsa CB. I'm looking to purchase an intake here pretty soon but i'm stuck between Vararam and Halltech. A few of the shops around here say vararam isn't that great but i was looking at the 1/4 mile list on here and 90% of cars on it had VR. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks and look forward to posting here regularly.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Welcome!

You will have a tough time getting low 12's out of that car without more mods or better rubber, but I think you can get high 12's with some practice. Just don't forget to turn off the traction control - it won't allow enough wheelspin for a good launch on street tires.

We need pictures!

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Welcome to DC. Don't forget to post your times.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been looking around and i feel that 12.40's should be achievable with a decent 60ft time but i will keep you guys updated on what it runs. Here is one pic i have, i'm going to upload more this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Welcome to DC:DCOM and the Blue screen of Corvette therapy. You have already confessed your addiction to Blue :surprised by choosing Le Mans Blue for your 1st Corvette. Now, be prepared to share the rest of your life with a Corvette.......................and us addicts too. :D
Enjoy:thumbsup:

...............sweet color choice, since Torch Red was not available in 05.:devil:

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Welcome :cheers:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,549 Posts
Welcome to DC

·
Registered
728 Posts
Welcome to DC

·
Premium Member
13,918 Posts
Leman's Blue...one of my favorite Corvette colors and I don't usually even like Blue.:laughing:

Very nice! Welcome to DC!:buhbye::cheers:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
where is zew, nc? doesnt show up on mapquest :huh:

·
Banned
7,823 Posts
ahhhh rtp area, not too far from me.

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts