Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I got it a new in- dash GPS wiht radio and DVD and Blue Tooth. I do not have a garage so I had the shop do the install and they are very good! So it was worth the extra bucks...

Now this was yesterday and of course it sleeting last night and is icy today so I get to just look at these pictures.....:smack:WTF

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I have not had much of a chance to use it as the weather here sucks now. But the in the small amount of time I did use it I like it. The Blue Tooth is cool and will talk to my phone and download the phone book and all calls in and out and it can hook up to 7 phones at once. It has voice dial and touch screen. I plan to use the IPOD function today maybe and will let you guys know.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can! I am going to have it done on my C3 this summer. There are two kinds one as you see with the full face and one that fits the standard plate and the screen comes out and pops up to save room...Very cool.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tell you guys what else it has IPOD control so you plug in your IPOD and you have full control from the touch screen but even better you and just load up music on your thumb drive and it will read that music and you can control it from the screen as well...VERY COOL. I just synced some music from my media software and it went onto the drive and the Alpine will see the music and even put it in order of artist and album....I don't have to keep an expensive IPOD in the car just a thumb drive.....:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did do a short drive from the shop home and used the GPS then and it looked great and got me home....lol I do have a trip planned in a week or so and will give it a work out then. I will let you know.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You have to go somewhere to say how you like the GPS. Also, do the steering wheel controls still work?

Sorry I forgot to answer your questions on the steering wheel controls. My Vette does not have the controls on the wheel. I am going to upgrade to that option and if I had them yes they would work. The install shop asked that exact question.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So far I would recommend highly...:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I could not take credit for the install. I would have done it myself if I had a garage but I do not so I took it to a very good stero shop in my area and they did it. It was about 350.00 for the install and worth it. But thanks for thinking I did it....!:surprised

1 - 18 of 18 Posts