Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on ordering a new Grand Sport if the current incentives are extended. I'll list my thoughts on the order and would appreciate comments or suggestions.

Grand Sport
1LT
Manual
NPP Exhaust
Chrome Wheels
Full width rear spoiler
Transparent top

I know the 3LT package is better for resale, but two things about it are it's cost and it has nothing I really want or need. I don't plan on selling it either. Should I get both tops for about 650.00 more?

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I would definitely go for the extra top. The hot summer sun will get to you, even with a liner in the glass one. Besides, I think the C6 looks better with a body-colored top.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot to mention it will be Black so the top will look very similar whether transparent or body color.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
I just noticed you are in Maine. Forget that summer thing.

:laughing:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'd pass on the second top. Besides, you can always get one later. Chances are it will just take up space in the garage. Our 09 is black (of course - not a GS), what color interior are you thinking about? Spend the money on going to see it be built!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I agree spend the money and go watch it be built. Ask the dealer about the GM Buyers Tour option. I believe it was $650 plus a couple nights hotel, I did it with mine and it was a great experience.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I agree spend the money and go watch it be built. Ask the dealer about the GM Buyers Tour option. I believe it was $650 plus a couple nights hotel, I did it with mine and it was a great experience.
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I think it's only ~$400. We did it twice. Pretty neat. NCM arranges it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you get to do on the Buyers Tour that you don't with the Museum delivery option? It must have to be timed perfectly with the production run.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
The clear top has been working fine for me - no heat issues. I would recommend getting the 2LT package at the very least.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
What do you get to do on the Buyers Tour that you don't with the Museum delivery option? It must have to be timed perfectly with the production run.
The NCM Delivery - You up pick up the car at NCM, and I also think you get a factory tour.

The Buyers Tour - You watch them put it together, get to talk to the workers (they really do enjoy meeting the buyers)...then watch it go out the back door for shipping. :rolleyes: It really is fun, done it twice. Yes - you do have to time it, but I've done it twice w/o problem. But we live in northern Indiana, so it is just a 5 hr trip away. We've always had plenty of time and knew well in advance when it was going to be built.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the outcome. I'm going to put my deposit down for the order tomorrow.

2011 GS Coupe
2LT
6 speed Manual
Transparent roof
NPP Dual exhaust
Chrome wheels
Full width spoiler
846 gray two tone seats

MSRP 61980.00
Preferred price 57027.00
Invoice 56300.00
My cost out the door 52027.00

Basically 9953.00 off MSRP and 4273.00 under invoice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update: I brought my deposit check down today. Final order specs are:

Black 2LT GS Coupe
2 tone titanium and black seats
6 speed manual
NPP Exhaust
F55 suspension
chrome wheels
full width rear spoiler
transparent roof

MSRP 63690.00
My cost 53546.47

·
Registered
108 Posts
Update: I brought my deposit check down today. Final order specs are:

Black 2LT GS Coupe
2 tone titanium and black seats
6 speed manual
NPP Exhaust
F55 suspension
chrome wheels
full width rear spoiler
transparent roof

MSRP 63690.00
My cost 53546.47
I was going to mention to you about F55 but i see you added it, you read my mind :laughing: it is a great suspension.
Does the HUD come with the 2LT? And is the full width spoiler dealer or fac installed? Of course post pics when you get it. :)

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
What no fender stripes? :laughing:
Stripes are part of the "Heritage" package which also add graphic stiching logos on seats and unnecesary additional unsprung weight to the car, .....robbing horsepower :laughing:

Now the "Ball Bearing" package for the exhaust..........that adds hosepower. :devil:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts