Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came across your site recently,very nice. I have owned my 81 for about 3 years now. It has 110,000 miles on it but the car has been garage kept all its life and is very good condition. I have rebuilt the front and rear suspension and rear wheel bearings. I installed Mid-America true duals coupled to 40 series flowmasters.
I recentlly installed an Edelbrock 2101 manifold and have completely cleaned and re-gasketed the original engine along with new timing chain and gears and harmonic balancer. It's a 4 speed car and a blast to drive and work on. Next on my 'to do' list are a new GM steering gear this winter and maybe new carpet. I am going to keep this car as long as I am alive. Thanks for letting me share!

Dave

·
Registered
749 Posts
welcome...not too many '81 4 speeds out there. what did you do about the ECM stuff?

i have an '81 too, but it's all stock...'cept for the cd.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am still new here myself...but I have gotten more info out of these guys here than I have found on the net...got a wealt of knowledge here...welcome:partyon:

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
iamcanadian1 said:
I am still new here myself...but I have gotten more info out of these guys here than I have found on the net...got a wealt of knowledge here...welcome:partyon:
:laughing: Boy do we have you fooled! Find your muffler bearings yet? :laughing: (kidding!):thumbsup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mga - I am still utilizing the original computer set up. I rebuilt the dist and carb and the car runs perfectly with this original setup. I've eliminated the EGR and all emission items on the car. I was carefull to plug all unused vacum lines. I didn't even get a check engine condition.

clar2001 - I've got plenty of pictures I'd like to share (I have one in the gallery)but I'm not exactly sure how to post them here. Maybe someone could give me the lowdown?

raidmagic - Yes I love rowing the gears! I am driving a freind of mines 2000 C5 six speed for the next week. He had it in the GM dealership where I work for a check engine light condition and wanted me to 'test drive' it for a week or so for him. That six speed really keeps you busy!!

Thanks for the welcome fellas!!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
hello:buhbye: :thumbsup:

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,761 Posts
Welcome Dave. Keep on driving and keep on waving:partyon:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome..

Welcome bro..have fun pretty nice site..:buhbye:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
welcome aboard....and as pat said some of us are a little crazy

·
Registered
990 Posts
Me 2 ^^^^^^^^:partyon: fun time:stick:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey there i just joined your forum today after being a member of corvetteforum.com for almost a year. I just wanna say that your guys' forum looks so sweet

·
DC Crew
53,226 Posts
Battsup said:
Hey there i just joined your forum today after being a member of corvetteforum.com for almost a year. I just wanna say that your guys' forum looks so sweet
Hey Battsup!! Welcome! I've been on CF for over 3 years now, LOTS of CF folks here.

Make yourself at home.... :cheers:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Battsup...... the water is just right, jump on in.:cheers: BTW, interesting name, is there a story behind it ? :huh:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
Battsup said:
welcome abaord...i'm also a member over at CF but haven't posted regularly there for almost a year ... damn i can't belive its been that long

1 - 20 of 20 Posts