Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I thought I better intorduce myself before posting much. I'm new to the Corvette but not cool cars. I've been involved in street rods for many a year and many a car. The prices turned upside down on them a few years back and I ventured away. My last build was a 62 Chevy 1/2 ton step side. It was satin black and low. Power was a 4 cyl Cummins diesel with a 400 turbo. It made it into a couple of magazines for event coverage and the HR web site durring the Power Tour. My 15 yr old (at the time) daughter drove the Long Haul (2800 miles) in the truck this summer. She was driving on an instruction permit and accumulated the hours needed to get her licence durring the tour.

My "new" Corvette is a 75 coupe. It is currently in sad shape. It seemed to be calling "help me" when I went to look at it. In hind sight I should have passed. I currently have the entire rear suspension/driveline torn out of it. I can't seem to find many good parts, so I will be hanging around that tech area of the forum for a while. I couldn't figure out why a 'Vette would be half the price of a similar condition late 60s to early 70s Nova or Camaro until after I bought the car. Now I get it! These things cost a bundle to rebuild the rear end!

Tom

·
Premium Member
30,448 Posts
A newbie from St. Louie! Welcome to the forum Tom! Way to jump into the threads with advice. You'll be appreciated around here. :buhbye:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Good luck on the vette project

If it can be driven bring it up to the Kirkwood Sonic this Friday March 4th at 6PM for the outsiders car cruise I would love to see it.

I will be there in my 68 Vette if the weather holds.

Ecklers has been a good source of quality parts for me for the 68.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it can be driven bring it up to the Kirkwood Sonic this Friday March 4th at 6PM for the outsiders car cruise I would love to see it.

I will be there in my 68 Vette if the weather holds.
It is deffinately a non driver at this point.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I've seen you post a few times in the C3 section. Lot of fun shows in and around our area.

I know you're project is apart right now, but think you'll shoot for the Effingham Funfest show late this summer?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
long term deal

I know you're project is apart right now, but think you'll shoot for the Effingham Funfest show late this summer?
I think my project is longer term than that. Hopefully next year I'll make it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts