Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I’ve been a lurker for a while and been looking for a C3 beater to start a resto mod project. In Kansas currently about an hour drive away from Kansas City.

I have located a 79 L82 auto t-top car and might be picking it up this weekend.

Still undecided on my build if I am sticking with a Carburetor or Going the LA swap route also undecided on sticking with a auto and upgrading to a 4l80e or going with a Tremec swap.

Regardless body will come off the frame and it will be a ground up build

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luckily I’ve been in the car business for more than 2 decades, have access to a machine shop and can fabricate somethings on my own. If I can’t do I work with someone that can. So it’s just gonna take time and money

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Welcome & good luck with your project.

Reactions: HN376RAR

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,676 Posts
It's going to take a LOT of time and money. Make sure you post up some pic of the before, during and after

Reactions: HN376RAR

·
Registered
2002 Pewter Coupe, 6spd
12 Posts
Good luck with it! I like the C3 style, but don’t have the know how or $$$ to spend to bring it up to ‘modern comfortable’. Since joining the Corvette Community in 2011 and attending tons of shows and cruise nites, I’ve seen lots of C3’s that are examples of your plans. If I were doing a C3, and since I like the various years pretty equally, I’d go for one of the later years and like you will do, give it the engine it deserves. A friend of mine built one, called it ‘The Black Knight”-it was gorgeous but he apparently picked a questionable engine builder. He eventually sold it. Another guy I know has a C3 vert that’s like an ‘homologation model’ with parts from the C3 bin that he liked. It’s a beautiful car. Last one, since I don’t want to bore everyone is a white one, a later model again with a very sanitary 383 stroker. He also (I don’t remember how he did it) eliminated the seams on the front and rear ‘bumpers’ resulting in a very clean look. I’ll stop here. If anyone wants to see pix of any of them I can dig into my back up drives and find them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone. I’ve been a lurker for a while and been looking for a C3 beater to start a resto mod project. In Kansas currently about an hour drive away from Kansas City.

I have located a 79 L82 auto t-top car and might be picking it up this weekend.

Still undecided on my build if I am sticking with a Carburetor or Going the LA swap route also undecided on sticking with a auto and upgrading to a 4l80e or going with a Tremec swap.

Regardless body will come off the frame and it will be a ground up build
Yes good luck with that, I've been restoring a 72 350 4spd convertible for the past three years almost done, it was a so called frame off, but when they took the body off the frame and started it wasn't long before they ran out of money and slapped it back together with whatever they could find, many missing parts, many dollars later and many hours I'll have it up to spec. Dash area is the final showdown.
IMG_2912[1].JPG
IMG_2912[1].JPG

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts