Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Have followed for a long time now. Have a 98 pace, Auto. Bought new. Only 10k on it. I know I should drive it more. Looking to start putting more juice in the pump and maybe some show me goodies. My son is three and I want to start working with him and maybe going to the track and some shows together. Never turned up the volume on a newer engine engine like this. I am old school guy. Any suggestions on just starting out. I have the Corsa exhaust and thats it for now. Look forward to making some new friends here.

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Welcome!!!

This site is a great source for mods. If you plan on seeing any road racing time, I would definitely go for some adjustable suspension parts. A good set of coilovers and some race-only wheels and tires would make the experience more enjoyable and save you on replacing your street tires.

Although we have a lot of forced induction guys/gals on the forum, I'm personally a fan of all-motor LSx engines. You can add a hundred more ponies with heads, cam and intake with a good tune. If you haven't seen much track time, I would get used to the current power level first.

I'm not much on show items (I think the C5 looks perfect as is), but a good set of racing seats is always nice. In the show and go category, you can get an aluminum intake to port match to your heads and have polished up. Those look great sitting between a couple of body colored fuel rail covers...

I could go on for hours. Browse some of our vendors and see what they have to offer.

Enjoy that car and teach your son to be a Corvette nut like the rest of us.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Welcome to DC. I love the '98 pace car.KEEP IT AS CLOSE TO STOCK AS POSSIBLE.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Hey everyone. Have followed for a long time now. Have a 98 pace, Auto. Bought new. Only 10k on it. I know I should drive it more. Looking to start putting more juice in the pump and maybe some show me goodies. My son is three and I want to start working with him and maybe going to the track and some shows together. Never turned up the volume on a newer engine engine like this. I am old school guy. Any suggestions on just starting out. I have the Corsa exhaust and thats it for now. Look forward to making some new friends here.
Welcome to DC . . . . and for a suggestion on your first MOD goodies I would
suggest Long Tube Headers, High Flow CATs, and X-Pipe. There are lots of good "Header Offerings" on the market, but I like "American Racing Headers". Easy to install, all stainless steel construction, and good customer service.

Like I said, there are a lot of good header system out there. . . just do a little homework and pick the one that makes you feel good.

OK, welcome and look forward to hearing more from you soon.

Ciao,

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Welcome to DC. You've come upon a virtual cornicopia of information and we will be happy to assist you in any way :D

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Welcome to DC. Lots of good info here. Get that little guy started early, he'll be hooked before long.:laughing:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts