Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

In March in inherated a 71 SB/auto Corvette with 50K miles. I actually had a choice between the vette and an 02 Grand Prix with 20K miles and my Grandma thought I was nuts for picking the "junker". She does need some work (the car that is), but I've got a plan and were getting started. My thanks to all the folks here that I have been contributing so guys like me can get a feel for this hobby and how we might want to approach our projects. :cheers:

So the car was partially prepared for paint and then sat garaged and on stands for maybe 10+ years. My uncle took great care of the car but the project of repainting must of overwhelmed him and there she sat. It seems like everything leaks, except coolant.

So far i've replaced the fuel tank and done some general clean-up under hood. I've got to make better progress though because Grandma is coming to sunny Ca. and wants a ride. So the car is off to a freind's shop to have the engine replaced, tranny rebuilt, etc.

Anyhow, wish me luck.

I'll be posting more - since I finally figured out a typo in my e-mail had locked me out. Never said I was bright.:smack

BTW - Big2Bird: I placed an order with VBandP yesterday and I mentioned your comments on forums had led me to them. Janet recognized BigBird... hopefully something good comes from the referance. :cheers:

·
Supporting Vendor
3,771 Posts
Hi.

BTW - Big2Bird: I placed an order with VBandP yesterday and I mentioned your comments on forums had led me to them. Janet recognized BigBird... hopefully something good comes from the referance. :cheers:
OH a lot of people know of him, just ask on some of the other forums:rolling:

Only kidding.

Good luck with the car, sounds like a nice one to build and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Hi.

You should watch your billing VERY carefully. There may be a 10% surcharge.

:rolling: :rolling:

Welcome. If you need any info, thoughts or ideas, you're at the right place. I can't think of anyone I've seen on this forum that won't help.

:cheers:

·
Registered
512 Posts
So the car was partially prepared for paint and then sat garaged and on stands for maybe 10+ years. My uncle took great care of the car but the project of repainting must of overwhelmed him and there she sat. It seems like everything leaks, except coolant.
You need to figure out why the coolant dosen't leak first:laughing: Something just aint right!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all.

Maybe all is well in the universe... there has defintly been a coolant leak in the past, and since the engine was only cranked over enough to know there were plenty of gas leaks, the coolant may still be leaking:laughing:

B2B, I might need some local assistance down the road. Good to know your around.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Thanks all.

Maybe all is well in the universe... there has defintly been a coolant leak in the past, and since the engine was only cranked over enough to know there were plenty of gas leaks, the coolant may still be leaking:laughing:

B2B, I might need some local assistance down the road. Good to know your around.
Not a problem.:thumbsup:

I own quite a few screwdrivers.:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

·
Banned
3,855 Posts
Not a problem.:thumbsup:

I own quite a few screwdrivers.:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
AND lots of loose screws, some of them have the heads all buggered up, so they are screwed up too.....

pay great attention to his avatar.....and remember....

Bird is the Word......

:devil: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
WELCOME ABOARD! :cheers:

You lucky Dogg :D I've never inherited anything but other folks trash. :(
Good Luck on the build. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts