Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to start a new thread and not interfere with some one elses. So I take it that the later the model the better the C4. Is the chassis on the roadster strong enough to handle an approximate 45 % power increase (420 to 440 at the rear wheels)? Eckler has a lemans headlight set , has anyone used one of these? Both the headlight set and the center mount unit?
Again thanks for the provious information!! Ian

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
Ian McLaren said:
I want to start a new thread and not interfere with some one elses. So I take it that the later the model the better the C4. Is the chassis on the roadster strong enough to handle an approximate 45 % power increase (420 to 440 at the rear wheels)? Eckler has a lemans headlight set , has anyone used one of these? Both the headlight set and the center mount unit?
Yea... the C4 Corvette got better each year. Except when the stopped the ZR! in 95... hehehehe.

The chassis on a roadster should handle far more than 440 at the wheels.

As for the drivetrain, that's another question.

I didn't know Ecklers had a lemans kit, I'll have to go check that out.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
990 Posts
Welcome....Ian McLaren. Its a fine name you have yourself now. Patrick has answered your question and heres one for yew, are yew plannen for a wee bit of increase in ponies in the near future?
:cheers:

·
DC Pit Crew
11,957 Posts
welcome aboard.....and yes the convertibles will handle 440 hp

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Welcome aboard :buhbye:

Regarding the 400hp+ on the vert I also had the same question for my 91 vert. After asking a couple of perf shops the result was the vert should handle the extra hp. The problem they had was getting that much hp to hook. :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ian McLaren said:
Welcome to the best Vette site on the Web! I dont know about the vert handling the extra ponies. (Mine is stock). I think you better figure out how your going to stop that thing. Beefing up your breaks may be a good idea?

I am experiencing some slip between the rotors and wheel hubs because of a little slop developing between the wheel mounting studs and the holes in the rotors. The holes are actually going oval.:huh:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Can't help with your question, but hope you enjoy it here. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First off let me say that this is the friendliest form I have ever be on! Yes Michael these is going to be added power under the hood, but the main goal is to keep the car user friendly, plus it is going to have to go around corners. A C5 would be great but they start at $40,000 plus for any used piece here in western Canada (thats about a buck twelve eighty U.S) a good C4 roadster can be had for under $25,000 and the difference can build a heck of a car when your in the performance industry. I know I'll have a bunch more questions of I find the right car (soon I hope) as winter up here is a great time to build (can't drive em in 2 feet of snow). Again thanks for the welcome and I'll try on occasion to help others with what experience I have in the engine and drive train areas (general and not really Corvette specific) Ian

·
Registered
990 Posts
Ian....:thumbsup:

vinnies87..We are all happy your here,the more the merrier:buhbye:

·
DC Crew
53,220 Posts
BlackRoseC4 said:
Welcome aboard. Not a newbie to owning vettes, but a newbie to this board. It is a great place!
Thanks BlackRoseC4! We are lucky to have the nicest (and funniest) Corvette lovers.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Thanks BlackRoseC4! We are lucky to have the nicest (and funniest) Corvette lovers.:thumbsup:
It is a great and informative board. Love all the gallery pics too.

:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
:buhbye: The Juice welcomes you. I'm the Bouncer arounds these parts... so if you got any problems, message me. :smokin:

Sounds like you're getting yourself into one AWESOME project! The C4 Vette is relatively easy to work on, especially under the hood because it gives you so much space. We all look forward to future questions as you get more involved into the car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts