Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of 94 Base seats, leather is dry and cracking, foam seems good still. They are Torch red seats. I am thinking of getting these done in Black with Mod Red centers for my ZR-1. These would be similar to what I have in the car but the newer style seats.

Anyway, I am not sure what material to use, I have leather in the car now, but the side bolster is wearing fast, maybe it is the quality (or lack of) leather that was used, I may just get the current seats fixed (well the one bolster) then wait on the others..

Thinking of leather/cloth for the 94 seats..

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
I did mine in a fake leather. They look just like the real thing yet cost less than half the price of leather and all the durability of vinyl.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Raid

Details, were did you get your material from, I am also interested and saw some seat covers on Ebay last night similiar to what your describing.. I was also thinking of taking those seat covers and new pading as well.

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did mine in a fake leather. They look just like the real thing yet cost less than half the price of leather and all the durability of vinyl.
I am thinking more on the comfort side..
Those seats get hot, even with the A/C after driving a while my back sweats..

is there any benefit of Perforated over non perforated if I did leather?

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Raid

Details, were did you get your material from, I am also interested and saw some seat covers on Ebay last night similiar to what your describing.. I was also thinking of taking those seat covers and new pading as well.
I had a local guy stitch them up for me.

I am thinking more on the comfort side..
Those seats get hot, even with the A/C after driving a while my back sweats..

is there any benefit of Perforated over non perforated if I did leather?
Perforated breathes better but it also provides hunderds of tiny hole to allow creasing. I've got cloth in my daily driver and when I had the ac in the Vette I didn't see a real difference in temp other than sitting in the sun.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 35th Anniversary Vette with 48k miles on it.

My seats are in good condition with the exception of the drivers side bolster. The seats are white leather (sucks to maintain), is it possible to have the one bolster replaced? Or would I have to do both seats?

·
El Teafive
10,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a 35th Anniversary Vette with 48k miles on it.

My seats are in good condition with the exception of the drivers side bolster. The seats are white leather (sucks to maintain), is it possible to have the one bolster replaced? Or would I have to do both seats?
if you can find matching leather then a local shop could do just the one

That is what I am thinking of doing.. go local and get something to match, but better quality

1 - 8 of 8 Posts