Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I put in new LED tail lights and got the LED flasher but when I put in the flasher nothing happens???? Any thoughts?

The flasher did work with the stock lights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
MAYBE THE NEW FLASHER IS NOT PLUGGED IN ALL THE WAY OR DEFECTIVE.IF SEATED ALL THE WAY TRY THE ORIGINAL ONE TO RULE OUT A NEW DEFECTIVE ONE.CHECK TO SEE IF YOUR LIGHTS FLASH WITH THE HAZZARDS ON IF NOT YOU WIRED YOUR LIGHTS WRONG:crazy:

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
probably a issue with a flasher, you dont need a LED specific flasher any HEAVY DUTY flasher will work. thats what I used

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? I thought I needed an electonic flasher with LED lights? MMMMM I will try the hazzards and look for another Flasher.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
LED bulbs don't put as much load on the flasher as a standard bulb.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes and because of that I thought a digital flasher was needed with a circuit board and a timer to allow for the flashing to take place. And I have one but it dose not work. It could be bad but I will have to get another to confirm. Any thoughts for testing what I have or should I just get another flasher to test.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
yup any heavy duty will work ;) had the same problem with my flashers :cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can I get a heavy duty flasher at a car part store?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I put LED bulbs in mine and left the stock flasher and it works with no problems at all.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Because of the significantly reduced current draw by the more efficient LED lights, try putting 10 ohm 5 watt resistors across both the left and right brake light circuits.

·
Premium Member
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GOT IT....Got a new electronic flasher for $6.00 and put it in and wamo.....There ya go.

Thanks guys!

KISS..................keep it simple stupid :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts