Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Final pictures are here!!

The hoods are finished and being packaged right now. We should see the first units next week.

These hoods were developed from our World Challenge Corvette program and made for your own C6 or C6 Z06 Corvette. They give you the added ability to increase cooling and downforce by venting air out from under the hood of the car and adding that personalized styling touch. Hoods will use all factory mounting hardware and hinges.

First mold plug being made.

First production unit being packaged up and ready for shipment today!

Those that are on the waiting list will be the first to get your hoods, and we are taking orders for them now. Hoods are $1595, and come ready to be paint matched and bolted onto your factory hardware. We can also take your paint code and have the hood painted before it ships to you as well. *For an exact match, we suggest the hood be painted on the car once your hood arrives*

These will also be a nice addition to our new C6 front splitter and rear spoiler.

Contact us here at LG Motorsports for details to get your very own!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I think I like it.:cheers:

·
Registered
393 Posts
NEW!LG Motorsports c6 Hood Production Pictures

Hood looks good how much are they? also are they a easy fit on 2006 Zo6? :huh:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Looks even better than I imagined it would. Now I just need to get a C6 to put one on. Oh, and by the way, when will we see a installed photo?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Im savin my pennys!!! looks freekin sweet :partyon:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will bolt onto either a C6 or C6 Z06 using all of the stock hardware. Pricing is $1595 + shipping and come ready for paint. We can paint them to your paint code on the car as well if you would like before shipping. Painting costs do depend on color.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sorry but are you guys kidding? this hood looks very retro and far to simplistic to go on our C6's:WTF it needs symmetry like the Viper hoods???

Come-on don't tell me you wouldn't rather have something very similar to this than that "Smokey and the Bandit" looking hood?? Sorry LG you're a master tuner but this bodywork is very sub-par..

Telling you think Viper! Try again LG, please myself & plenty of others would pay 2k for a hood like this 2006 viper

or the new 2008 Viper

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sorry but are you guys kidding? this hood looks very retro and far to simplistic to go on our C6's:WTF it needs symmetry like the Viper hoods???

Come-on don't tell me you wouldn't rather have something very similar to this than that "Smokey and the Bandit" looking hood?? Sorry LG you're a master tuner but this bodywork is very sub-par..

Telling you think Viper! Try again LG, please myself & plenty of others would pay 2k for a hood like this 2006 viper

Wow, well I guess you are one who doesn't like it but you know, that is ok because there are about 90,000 other Corvette C6 owners that might have a different opiinion.

For example most of us don't like Vipers either. in fact, not even a little bit which is not unusual on a Corvette Web site.

Glad to see you chime in and voice your opinion. :thumbsup:

On the bright side, We can only make enough to supply a few of the C6 owners that do like it.

I for one will have one on my C6 Z06 as soon as we ship out all the pre orders.

Thanks guys

See you at the races.

Utah in 9 days...See you at the Corvette Corral then Charlotte on the 24th at Lowes Motor Speedway for our race right after NASCAR Qualifying on Thursday night. (we have louvers in our hood on our race car too :) )

Thanks
Lou G

·
Registered
477 Posts
Maybe out've the 5-6 people on this thread, I've already spoken w/a couple dozen friends w/C6's w/like feelings:huh: How bout the hood pictured on your C6 Z06 above?? are you retailing that? I'd pick that up in a heart beat!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Maybe out've the 5-6 people on this thread, I've already spoken w/a couple dozen friends w/C6's w/like feelings:huh: How bout the hood pictured on your C6 Z06 above?? are you retailing that? I'd pick that up in a heart beat!:thumbsup:
:agree: Most people won't post that they do not like it (like me). I agree with C6Rluvur, it's just too retro for my tastes. Reminds me of that hideous looking C3 in the Corvette Fever movie.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

or the new 2008 Viper
Blasphemy!!:whip:

·
Registered
533 Posts
This is probably a stupid question but when it gets rained on, is there anything that directs the water away from the engine and electrical connectors or does it just drain on the engine? :crazy:

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
:huh:

Jeesh man, it either floats your boat or doesn't, this isn't about curing cancer. No reason to be hostile about it, it's not like LG is the only company making hoods, nor are we the judge of what other folks will like, or won't like.

And, I think that viper hood (and the whole car) is ugly.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
:huh:

Jeesh man, it either floats your boat or doesn't, this isn't about curing cancer. No reason to be hostile about it, it's not like LG is the only company making hoods, nor are we the judge of what other folks will like, or won't like.

And, I think that viper hood (and the whole car) is ugly.:thumbsup:
So your opinions are more valid than mine/or my friends? No/wasn't being hostile??---That's a major flaw in forums "Intonation" is comonly misinterpreted...I like the Viper "Hood" if you don't see similarities in even ?LG's latests louvered/vented offering, or in picture of LG race car you're kidding yourself.:smack :huh:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts