Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Final pictures are here!!

The hoods are finished and being packaged right now. We should see the first units next week.

These hoods were developed from our World Challenge Corvette program and made for your own C6 or C6 Z06 Corvette. They give you the added ability to increase cooling and downforce by venting air out from under the hood of the car and adding that personalized styling touch. Hoods will use all factory mounting hardware and hinges.

First mold plug being made.

First production unit being packaged up and ready for shipment today!

Those that are on the waiting list will be the first to get your hoods, and we are taking orders for them now. Hoods are $1595, and come ready to be paint matched and bolted onto your factory hardware. We can also take your paint code and have the hood painted before it ships to you as well. *For an exact match, we suggest the hood be painted on the car once your hood arrives*

These will also be a nice addition to our new C6 front splitter and rear spoiler.

Contact us here at LG Motorsports for details to get your very own!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Looking promising! any hopes at squeezing a Maggie under it? also some slight constructive criticism, I know you probably could care less & hear more than your fill, but being a potential customer, (I'm very interested in purchasing a louvered hood) your current design is a bit ricerish?? why not the dually approach alla' Viper or old C5 style? this looks like Trans-Am fare?
Deff needs a front air scoop opening as well..
Sorry it's a bit of a let down, and I know plenty of other C6 guys that have intimated the same reaction from this final rendering, to me directly.

Please make another w/more complexity, I and others would easily fork over 2k for the right hood.

·
Mo-Fo
7,509 Posts
I'd have to see one on the car before I could say I really like it. It's a bit too retro looking for the C6 to me. But like I said, need to see it on a car. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'd have to see one on the car before I could say I really like it. It's a bit too retro looking for the C6 to me. But like I said, need to see it on a car. :thumbsup:
Exactly those are the words I was searching for! very retro looking ala' smokey n' the Bandit comes to mind, I don't even need to see it mounted, it's way to simplistic and old school looking....

Telling you think Viper! Diamond Back there new hood is where it's at! do it! do it!:thumbsup:

Either the 2006 Viper hood? It's a masterpiece
or the new 2008 Viper
Why can't you tweek this design a bit and make something more like this? it's a freakin' work of art?

·
Premium Member
3,766 Posts
Not a bad piece, but I like the clean, efficient look of the C5/C6R hoods best. Nothing like a big, ducted heat extractor hood.

·
Banned
2,365 Posts
I don't own a C6, but from the position of a casual observer, it's ok, but I don't think I'd put it on one if I had one. Reason? Not enough rise on the hood (from what I can see?). It just sort of looks like someone cut louvers in a flat C6 hood?

As far as being old school, the Vipers you guys linked to are definately old school. Go back and look for C4 hoods and look at the louvers off to the sides (above the wheel wells). Very similar design. I like them though becauise they are a little more subdued.

Anyway, It took a lot of work and dedication for you to produce this hood, so thanks:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts