Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A while ago we had this 2004 z06 come in with a blown engine. it was a top end failure. car had low miles.

so we stuffed in a crate LS3

clean right?

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and that's about all this thread will have to do with a c5. The LS6 heads were hand ground and broke and were trash. the block and bottom end however were good. so we gave the short block to the machine shop across the street along with a pair of dart ls2 heads and had them setup a fresh motor for us. and because it is gonna go into an old Pontiac, we turned the motor Pontiac blue.

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there has been heavy metal fabrication on this project. so much welding cutting and grinding. but that's what it take t build a beauty like this...

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and the floors...

wish we could stop there but those new floor pans will not allow for that magnum 6 speed so we have to modify that brand new tunnel

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we decided a build of this magnitude needs more than just a rebuilt ls6 so we added a tvs2300. and look at how the motor hugs that firewall.

·
Banned
6,799 Posts
Its actually supposed to be a Metallic Silver Blue in 1969.
Has to be hand mixed.
Takes actually 7 different colors to duplicate exact as Pontiac used.
Aftermarket rattle cans can not duplicate.
Shoot with a Pro paint gun.
Detail gun also required.

SD 421 they matched pretty nice aftermarket.

Pro Touring GTO being built.

Drag Race to 8's be better. :cheers:

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
One of my patients is a car collector/restorer. He loves everything Pontiac and has a stable of the best looking GTO's of all models I have seen around here. A few years ago he bought two original '69 ('70?) GTO Judges for restoration. He uses a local guy who does fantastic show quality restorations. Both cars were original numbers matching cars and were restored to better than new. He sold one of them - I think somewhere near $100k - to finance the restoration he is going to do on a '67 Corvette convertible, 427 BB, 4 speed red/white. Can't wait to see how that one turns out. I know Brian would start drooling if he could see these GTO's. All factory restorations - no mods. Most of them are convertibles.

·
Banned
6,799 Posts
One of my patients is a car collector/restorer. He loves everything Pontiac and has a stable of the best looking GTO's of all models I have seen around here. A few years ago he bought two original '69 ('70?) GTO Judges for restoration. He uses a local guy who does fantastic show quality restorations. Both cars were original numbers matching cars and were restored to better than new. He sold one of them - I think somewhere near $100k - to finance the restoration he is going to do on a '67 Corvette convertible, 427 BB, 4 speed red/white. Can't wait to see how that one turns out. I know Brian would start drooling if he could see these GTO's. All factory restorations - no mods. Most of them are convertibles.
I can appreciate full Pontiac Restos Doc.
They cost lots of $ to complete.
Typical is $30,000-100,000.00.
Depends upon the car model to begin with and what parts are intact.
Reproduction parts are not exact ever.
So you want NOS GM OR MINT ORIGINAL PARTS.
COSTS $$$$ &$.

I Am more like our Grumpy on DC. HIDDEN ENGINE PERFORMANCE MODS.
GOAL IS TO MAKE THE CAR AND ENGINE BAY LOOK BONE STOCK OR JUST A 12-SECOND CAR.
BUT ACTUALLY RUN 9'S OR FASTER IN 1/4 MILE.

·
Premium Member
4,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its actually supposed to be a Metallic Silver Blue in 1969.
Has to be hand mixed.
Takes actually 7 different colors to duplicate exact as Pontiac used.
Aftermarket rattle cans can not duplicate.
Shoot with a Pro paint gun.
Detail gun also required.

SD 421 they matched pretty nice aftermarket.

Pro Touring GTO being built.

Drag Race to 8's be better. :cheers:
that's right. that's what everybody's been calling it. pro touring gto. I always liked resto-mod myself. and the rattlecan said right on it "Pontiac blue"

1 - 20 of 137 Posts