Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Check out these pedals. Electronic gas pedal, and hydraulic clutch. oh and power brake conversion, too..

Aside from the pedals, I also got the front fender off and got the firewall drilled and harness mounted on the driver's side for all the front electrical(headlights n horn n stuff) and I got a 6ga cable in the harness to bring power from the front of car to the trunk for the boom that's gonna be coming from the trunk. BOOM!!

And I showed the boss my holley valve covers and guess what, he loved them. so we got a set, and I donated my brand new coils I just replaced (http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249970) and we turned them Pontiac blue. and look how much cleaner the engine looks without the coil brackets..

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
mounting the a/c box was a real treat. it could have been easier if we weren't trying so hard to hide everything. but that is the pain about building for show. here is that awesome piece we got from vintage air to pass ac and heater lines through the firewall from the inside..

fancy getting a 1-1/16 wrench in there to tighten down those lines when they go in..

And here are my shorty hoses I made to run from the ac box to the firewall. the #10 hose for the a/c isn't in this picture and i won't build that until after the box is in..

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
The psi conversions harness for '97-04 ls1/ls6 dbw with t56 trans' we got is close to what we need, but we are dumping the large coil plug on each bank to better match the awesome holley valve covers. and we also need to rewire harness for boosted iat sensor location, and ls2 throttle body, and card style maf sensor, and eliminate alternator plug, and shorten/lengthen pigtails to give our universal harness more of a custom fit. time to express myself electrically..

I also got the radiator, condenser, and heat exchanger completely mounted. in fact I got the cooling system complete and full of dexcool, And I got the a/c system complete, vacuumed down and charged..

American trim has done a great job of covering the seats and is working with us to fit them perfectly. and they will be on board for covering most of the interior pieces. the rear seats are looking incredible at this point..

The next big project is gonna be reworking the dash. Our goals are clear. Autometer gauges, double din android head unit, vintage air compatible vents. we will work the structure and then have foam added to it and do some shaping. then get it covered. we also will need to build a center console for this vehicle. Here is where we are at right now. time to get creative..

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Ok so I made the structure out of cardboard first. got things to what we believe we like and want. Now it is time to turn the cardboard into something more permanent..

The last couple of pictures illustrate our plans to bring an a/c vent to the rear seat. the angle I am mounting the vent at is deliberate so when that vent can be aimed straight up to help cool interior faster. Once my structure is complete it will be covered by the same guys that are doing our seats and door panels.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Making more progress on the gto. Got the front lower bumper piece installed. Now I know exactly where the front fenders need to be, so i was able to mount the battery tray. And now i can start on front end electrical..

I used to be intimidated at the thought of building complete electrical systems from scratch. bumper to bumper. battery terminal to battery terminal. But at this point I am so comfortable with it, I enjoy it.

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
Making more progress on the gto. Got the front lower bumper piece installed. Now I know exactly where the front fenders need to be, so i was able to mount the battery tray. And now i can start on front end electrical..

u

I used to be intimidated at the thought of building complete electrical systems from scratch. bumper to bumper. battery terminal to battery terminal. But at this point I am so comfortable with it, I enjoy it.

She is Looking Great.
Are You adding or putting the Factory Hideaway Headlights back on ?
Some guys don't like them.
I favor them.

They do drive terrible on the street with a huge long duration cam and EFI.
For some reason an ancient carb still works better then.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
no such luck on the hideaway headlights. this is the parts we got to work with..

It will get all new lenses and an hid headlamp conversion. a new rear bumper and the font endura bumper was painted to match the car. So it will look different than in the picture.

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
no such luck on the hideaway headlights. this is the parts we got to work with..

It will get all new lenses and an hid headlamp conversion. a new rear bumper and the font endura bumper was painted to match the car. So it will look different than in the picture.
Ok.
I like the modern HID Lighting .

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
The original T-3 Headlights were not very bright at night.
Come 1970 GUIDE GM Headlight bulbs were introduced on Pontiacs.
Better.

Getting a full 14.5-14.8 volts DC Under load at each headlight bulbs helps.
Custom wiring as your completing and a High Output alternator with a correct setpoint voltage regulator helps tremendous .

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Now that we have the base structure for our center console all figured out, built, and almost ready to be covered..

In order for me to figure out exact mounting location, i need to completely mock up the dash. So i have decided to go ahead and deal with that part of the job now..

The only things we want on the dash are these 3 5" gauges..

And a double din android kitkat head unit just like the one i put in my c5. the rest we will block off and have foam added before recovering. it's gonna be a nice piece when its done..

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
First signs of life. yea! front marker lights, turn signals, supercharger coolant pump, and horns are wired and tested. at least as far back as the battery tray. not very far I know, but we are getting there..

Also got all my holes cut for a/c vents and controls, and for power windows and door locks.

And now the dash needs to come off so we can work on mounting the ECU and TAC module..

I intend to mount it to the tunnel just inside the firewall with connectors facing the rear of the vehicle. To make this happen, we must consult the blank canvas..

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
Try and find & Install Vintage GE Or Tung-Sol 1156 -1157 NA Amber Bulbs for the Park Lamps Turn Signals up front Autowiz.
Its a Touch of Class & makes for Magazine front cover pics Pontiac guys like.
The modern painted bulbs give off the wrong color light.

Other than that looking Great.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Finished making the ecu and tac module tray. And I gotta say, Gm sure did pick a weird shape for their ecu's for the 97-04 years. It was real tricky finding a way to mount it that will hold it tight and let it come out if it ever needs to be changed..

And I got the tail lights installed and got started on the wiring for them..

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
ECU and TAC module are now mounted to the GTO. Because of all attention paid to the undercarriage, it is just not cool to be drilling holes and running screws through the floor. So we strip the area of the floor pan clean and grind it a little. then I used 3m 8115 panel bond adhesive to glue the sides of my structure to the tunnel. that ecu tray is now a lifelong part of the GTO floor. I will run a ground wire from chassis to the structure before it is all said and done as the 8115 doesn't conduct electrical current so well..

·
Banned
1,229 Posts
ECU and TAC module are now mounted to the GTO. Because of all attention paid to the undercarriage, it is just not cool to be drilling holes and running screws through the floor. So we strip the area of the floor pan clean and grind it a little. then I used 3m 8115 panel bond adhesive to glue the sides of my structure to the tunnel. that ecu tray is now a lifelong part of the GTO floor. I will run a ground wire from chassis to the structure before it is all said and done as the 8115 doesn't conduct electrical current so well..

That Panel Bond Adhesive is Krazy strong stuff Yes Autowiz.

·
Premium Member
4,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
I now feel like we progress is taking off on the gto. I have got the battery mounted, got the electrical system built and installed and the whole front of the car is wired to inside the car. It is all downhill from here..

The 3 big relays on the backside are for the 2 fans. they are wired to give both fans low and high speeds..

81 - 100 of 137 Posts