Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stock Corvette LT1 vs. Edelbrock Equipped

Get 73.1 more hp and 36 ft./lbs. more torque with matched Edelbrock LT1 heads and cams!
Edelbrock’s Performer LT1 Heads, #61909, are designed for the 1992-97 LT1 engines. These aluminum heads have specially designed 170cc intake and 60cc exhaust ports with increased valve sizes (1.94" intake, 1.55" exhaust) for maximum flow and performance. Combustion chamber volume is 54cc. Performer LT1 heads work with stock or aftermarket self-guiding roller rocker arms. To match the Performer LT1 Heads, the all-new Edelbrock Performer LT1 Camshaft, #2108, is designed for 1992-97 LT1 applications. Since all Edelbrock camshafts are designed for optimum power from the low-end to the mid-range, you can expect a major improvement in throttle response and torque with good idle characteristics for smooth street performance. These billet steel cams have an Everwear-Gear™ iron gear that is compatible with stock oil pump drive gears to eliminate wear problems common with some other cams. It has a duration of 218° at .050", with a lift of .525" at the valve. The lobe separation and intake centerline are both 112°. On the dyno, the head/cam matched duo out-performed the stock Corvette LT1 by 73.1 hp and 36 ft./lbs. torque, as well as raising the peak power level by 500 rpm! So, if you want to maximize horsepower and torque from your LT1, get Edelbrock Performer heads and camshaft today!
For more information or questions, contact [email protected] or call our toll free tech line at (800) 416-8628.

KEEP IN MIND the EDELBROCK LT1 heads are intended for the street performance upgrade!

AFR ALSO SELLS LT4/LT1 cylinder heads and the LARGER ports will work better on a race engine,

these heads are even better if your racing but would be to large for the street
BTW HERES THE HEADS ID BUY IF I WAS BUILDING A LT1
these heads should produce even better max power and flow a good deal more air

http://www.jdsperformance.com/index.asp?initemuid=326&fcmd=item&inmake=all

http://www.jdsperformance.com/index.asp?initemuid=325&fcmd=item&inmake=all

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mr Grumyvette,

What's your opinion on the HotCam with LT4 heads and intake? Probably around the same price .
Seems like the Edelbrock heads has some small ports.

Gordon

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have not had good results with the chevy (HOT CAM) the power increase has been less than expected in most cases, the slightly larger cams by chevy,crane and crower have proven to work better from what Ive seen, as far as heads , the LT4 heads after port work would be my choice OVER the edelbrock heads.
heres a chart showing flow rates compared
http://www.malcams.com/legacy/misc/headflow.htm

but keep in mind you always need to match the cars rear gear ratio and engine compression ratio and stall speed to the cams designed opperating range to get the best results, just slapping in a cam without keeping the engine in the ideal rpm range for that engine combo , or not increasing the compression to keep the engines DYNAMIC COMPRESSION IN THE AREA OF ABOUT 8:1 is always a mistake

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hmmm.. I have a HOT cam and I've been very happy with it. 364rwhp, it easily passes the IM240 emissions test (the dyno test), and it drives around town like a stock setup.

If your after max HP and dont care about emissions, then there are much better alternatives out there.

Jimmy

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
15 Posts
that edelbrock cam is nonthing more than a LPE 74219 cam. Nonthing special at all. As a matter of fact, the LPE 350 LT1 package puts out ~395 hp & ~400 t/q?

You can get a Comp Cams 280HR cam with similar specs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts