Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've wanted a Corvette since I can remember. I almost pulled the trigger in '93 on a '69. Got back from vacation and found out my wife was having our 3rd child. Ended up with a new minivan a few months later. Now, almost 30 years later, it was absolutely worth the wait! Silver is nice, but I'm going to give it a bit of color in a couple weeks in the form of 3M vinyl.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,330 Posts
Welcome to DC. Glad you are joining us

Reactions: HN376RAR

·
Super Moderator
1,715 Posts
Yeah, that's a good way to look at it. Now I just need to find a good place to get it done. I didn't get a feel that the shop I took it to had worked on Corvettes before.
Good place to start would be to ask questions of local Corvette clubs, its members, and where other Corvette folks hang out, cruise-ins, etc. Another place is a Chev dealer that sells an appreciable amount of Corvettes. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Yeah I have a guy I grew up with who is a wonderful mechanic. He does all the work that I can’t do myself. He will not touch my vette. Tells me he doesn’t want to take a chance of screwing it up. Had to find a guy that has a small shop across the river in Indiana.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Transmission mounts and a strut in a 4 year old car does not sound right at all to me. Not even a car 2 or 3 times that old. None of that should be worn in 4 years...not even close...and why only one strut?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I should have also added....Bee You Tee Full car...so jealous...wished I had bought a silver C7...I have a 69 convertible that was repainted Monza Red but originally was Cortez Silver which I will take it back to. To me...C7s are the pinnacle of modern day Corvette...since the C3 anyway. THE best body design for sure...AND could still get a stick. yeah...I care bout that.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,330 Posts
Looks a lot better (y)

Reactions: gt_benedict
1 - 20 of 25 Posts