Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all the members, I am a new owner of a 2006 convertible and loving every minute of it. It is my first corvette but certainly not the last. I have worked on cars most of my life and I always wanted a vette. At first I was looking for an older project car but found this one and fell in love with it. My wife and I have enjoyed the summer just driving around, does not get much more fun. Looking forward to great information and discussions.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
25,412 Posts
Welcome to DC. The grin will never go away

Reactions: HN376RAR and DJD

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to DC DJD. I know exactly how you feel. 07 convertible myself have had six wonderful years with it looking to many more. Oh and I love that color.
Thanks, I still just sit and look at in disbelief that I finally own a Vette. The biggest surprise was that my wife loves to drive it as well. I live a little out in the country so we have enjoyed finding all the great farm roads and open spaces. The color got me as well!

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is a very comfortable color, looks good any vette. I bought my first corvette in 1968, it was a 59 roadster, when roadster meant just that. 283 2 4bbl 4 speed muncy and a 4:11 rear. Took some work just to get it to be able to drive in on the street. I had just graduated from High School and the Federal Government decided it needed my help with a pesky little problem in Vietnam, and I could not store it so it had to go, I looked for it for years, and I mean a lot of years, and I found it living in Palm Beach FL ? I know I'll get some haters here, But I never liked red color, now oddly the most favored corvette color going back to 1960, was brite red or torch red or so, Chevy changed the name every few years, but torch red was and still is, the most often color picked for new corvettes, starting with 'Sportsman Red' in 1954, and Gypsy red,Venetian Red', Signet Red, Roman Red and on till 1963 and the first Red I could fall for was 'Riverside Red, It was more middle of the road red. Now having stated my unaffectionate feelings for red, once they decided there was life after torch red, they came up with some truly striking or pleasing red colors 1993 they came up with Ruby Red on the 40th Anniversary cars, which I really fell for, but then in 2003, Chevrolet came up with a modern version of Riverside Red. . . . Anniversary Red, and I could no longer fight it and I bought a 2003 50th Anniversary Red coupe, I was in a bad accident in NYC in 2006, and had a tough fight back, but there were a few others, namely a 2007 Convertible in Lemans Blue that I bought just as the Covid Pandemic was getting a head start on us, but last September I found another 50th. Anniversary edition, but this one was a convertible. And once again Corvette bliss descended on my garage. Wishing all a good time here it is, I love Anniversary cars . . . .
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 8 of 8 Posts