Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 convertible and I have a few issues and would like some advice. First issue is my antilock brake light and traction control light are on on my dashboard. I was told i needed a ebcm that needs replaced. Is this correct? Second issue is my oil gauge on my dash isnt working proplerly, when you turn the car on it goes all the way right and stays there while the car is on and once its off it goes back to the left. Is this just a sensor that needs replaced? Third issue is my a/c took a dump on me in this 105 degree weather and I aint happy. I had someone look at it for me and try to charge it up but it wasnt holding a charge. It appears my compressor has leaked all the oil out of it. This right now is my most important issue because its hot as hell lol.
With the issues I have listed does any one know if ordering my parts through gmpartsdirect is the best way to get my parts and if so what would be reasonable work time to fix the issues so I wont be overcharged to fix it?

BigDee

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
What Codes are you showing?

A compressor replacement should only take a couple of hours with charging the unit. Unless there are other problems.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Did a reputible mechanic tell you that you needed an ebcm?

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The oil problem is just a sensor that is on top of the engine behind the intake manifold. It cost me 150 or so for part and labor. You could do it yourself though. You may need the EBCM replaced. There is also a guy who can rebuild them for a fraction of the cost. Might need to post around on that.
Can't help on the A/C, sorry.

Josh

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you're throwing a 1214 C/H code then you probably need the ECBM rebuilt.
Check out absfixer.com, $158, lifetime warranty on the rebuild and fast turn around.

Concur on the oil sender.

Any good A/C shop can do a troubleshoot & repair. Lots of things can cause what you've had happen and almost all will require parts. No price is too much in the heat as long as they fix it the FIRST time. Compressor seals are a common problem.

·
Registered
566 Posts
If you're throwing a 1214 C/H code then you probably need the ECBM rebuilt.
Check out absfixer.com, $158, lifetime warranty on the rebuild and fast turn around.

Concur on the oil sender.

Any good A/C shop can do a troubleshoot & repair. Lots of things can cause what you've had happen and almost all will require parts. No price is too much in the heat as long as they fix it the FIRST time. Compressor seals are a common problem.

I'm not sure about the ecbm portion, but I agree with the rest.

Best of luck. :thumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts