Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Sadr City, Baghdad Iraq. New to this forum from another Vette forum, same screen name.
US Military 23+ years and still serving. My wonderful bride purchased my first Vette ('91 C4 L-98) for me as a gift from a previously abusive owner. We have been restoring it and run it as a daily driver. On my return from Iraq she plans on buying me a new one.
She friggin ROCKS:partyon:

SOF Vette

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
Welcome on board DC.

Sounds like you both rock to me, thank you for your service!

It'll be great to have ya back in the States to join us for years of Corvette-waves. I just spent a day with nearly 200 brand new C6s, you're going to have a field day picking one out for yourself! Keep us posted on your status over seas and when you'll be back.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
939 Posts
What Branch are you in?

·
DC Crew
486 Posts
Welcome aboard!

SOF,
Glad you're hanging in there. It's a terrible place to be and I hope you BOTH are blessed with a safe return.
You have a wonderful wife. Wish mine was THAT into my toy.
Glenn Mr. Blue66 :cheers:

·
Premium Member
15,763 Posts
Welcome to DC and thanks for serving our country. Sounds like you have a great Wife there Bro.

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Welcome to da Crew! Man a C4 and a C6 that would be an awesome combination :thumbsup:

·
Registered
943 Posts
Welcome to DC.
I bought my Vette from Ramadi.
My EX wife didn't like the idea as much as your's does. :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
4,944 Posts
Welcome!! Stay safe over there and hurry home.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Welcome Brother, I am in Baghdad on VBC. You sure have it tough over there in Sadr City. You watch your back and lets both come home to our Vettes safe. :partyon:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quick note!

I just want to tell you and all your men, we appreciate you and regardless what CNN says, Thank you!

Your helping to spread freedom which will keep America safe for my kids and let them enjoy the American way. I can't speak for everyone, but I know most people I speak to here feel the same. You got lots of support from Colorado Springs, CO.

God bless you and stay safe!

and I hope you get home to a new Vette soon!

Randy

·
Registered
68 Posts
From one ex service man to you thanks for all you do and keep up the good work, America is proud of you and all the service people serving.:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank You

WOW! What a wonderful welcome. My apologies for not responding sooner, but our internet is hit or miss.

The kindness of all of you does not fall on deaf ears. Your reinforcement of our mission here is greatly appreciated.

My wife is absolutely amazing and supports me in every possible way. I am a VERY lucky man.

AFA: US Army

ChemDawg: I got to visit VBC once...it is a WHOLE different world. Good on you.

Thank you again everybody for the very warm welcome, I have posted some pics in "view my vette". I hope to be a contributor here....:buhbye:

SOF Vette

·
Registered
724 Posts
Just wanted to say, I support you in every way. I think what you do for our country is a huge sacrifice, and I not only thank you, but also your family for being so understanding while you are gone. Your wife sounds like a wonderful person and a true corvette fan. Mine thoroughly loves our vette too and supports my hobby completely. It has now become our hobby as she talked me into buying her a 1985 Z28 which is our next project. Not a vette, but will have a vette motor in it. (I have 2 extra L-98s in my garage.):thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts