Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined because I'm seriously considering purchasing my first Corvette. I've always wanted one and finally have the means to do it. I'm torn between rushing to order one of the remaining 06's, or waiting for the 07 intro. Can anyone direct me to good info on the new models... changes, cost increases, colors, etc. I noticed that Corvette pulled the Daytona Sunset color off of their build-n-price website... anyone know why? Thanks for your help.

·
DC Crew
53,221 Posts
scrum said:
I just joined because I'm seriously considering purchasing my first Corvette. I've always wanted one and finally have the means to do it. I'm torn between rushing to order one of the remaining 06's, or waiting for the 07 intro. Can anyone direct me to good info on the new models... changes, cost increases, colors, etc. I noticed that Corvette pulled the Daytona Sunset color off of their build-n-price website... anyone know why? Thanks for your help.
Welcome to the site! I will move this thread to the C6 section and tweak your title. The C6 guys will answer your ?'s. :thumbsup:

·
Supporting Dealer
10,438 Posts
scrum said:
welcome, you'll find this to be the best corvette community website on the net!

GM pulled the 71U because it is no longer available to order...the official cancellation date was 4/1/06, but in fact the week prior they offered the last buildable allocation.

Atomic orange is the new tint coat color for 2007, a small comparison for you here
http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55293

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
:buhbye: Welcome to DC:buhbye:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't happen to have any stock of coupe w/Daytona, Cashmere, 3LT, body-colored roof and polished or chrome wheels do you?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Found One

Well I did it.... I found a Daytona Sunset Orange coupe in stock in the St. Louis area. I went to see it, drove it, fell in love... sold my '69 Cougar that was occupying the garage space the vette would need, bought and picked up the vette on Saturday. It is great!!!!

I'll post the details later... thanks to everyone for your greetings and help.

·
Registered
596 Posts
scrum said:
Well I did it.... I found a Daytona Sunset Orange coupe in stock in the St. Louis area. I went to see it, drove it, fell in love... sold my '69 Cougar that was occupying the garage space the vette would need, bought and picked up the vette on Saturday. It is great!!!!

I'll post the details later... thanks to everyone for your greetings and help.
Congrats!:excited:

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just do the 06

I know what you are feeling scrum. Tough call. 07 doesn't really offer anything to write home about inmo. Stiching on the seats, two tone seat-you have to pay extra for; New key fob; lobsided looking steering wheel controls. MMM - NO HP increase = No change.

It all depends on your level of patience, and how much you are looking to spend. I am sure Rick Conti can hook you up with a great deal on an 06 now. He's got my order, tpw 6-5. 07 pricing is not yet available, but it will most likely be at least a little higher. More money for the same car??

The two things that really made up my mind were this rumored forced onstar thing. I DONT want it and WONT subscribe to it, so why should I pay $700 for an option I wont use? Secondly, the Power top is now forced on 3lt vert orders. Corvette has notoriously bad electrical records according to CR, which surveys actual Corvette owners. Why would I want to pay 2k for an option that will undoubtedly fail? I know I didn't buy my Vette based on CR, I don't think anyone does, but it is something to think about.

Hope this helps your dilema. I feel your pain. It was a tough desc for me ultimately made easier by Chevrolet's descion to sell the same car labeled an 07 for more $$.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts