Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, i love my new car traded in my s5 just to have one.but i all ready have an issue. both of the cabin foot boards get really hot. it feel like i have a sun burn an hour after getting out of the car.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
hi all, i love my new car traded in my s5 just to have one.but i all ready have an issue. both of the cabin foot boards get really hot. it feel like i have a sun burn an hour after getting out of the car.
First of all welcome to the forum and congrats on the new car.

I would suggest looking into the heat shields. I seem to remember a story once before of the tolerance between the floor pan and the heat shield being too close and not allowing the heat to dissipate. Resulting in a noticeable heat build up.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
its weird because when i park the car and left it for about 10min the heat went away from under the console. but tones of it was flowing from under the car by the door. so i think the heat is a flow of hot air from the engine.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
A couple of ideas:
1. New car, new tight engine produces more friction/heat. My coolant temps dropped by 20 degrees after 4000 miles of use.
2. You could have defective cats, producing massive heat, right near the floor boards. But, doubtful if no cel's or codes thrown.

What are your coolant and oil temps? If they are within specs, I wouldn't worry too much. It is summer afterall.

Good luck.

·
Registered
25,253 Posts
Have you talked to the dealer about it? At the very least, they should take a look and make sure everything is the way it is supposed to be. I don't think there is much difference in your '11 and my '09 and I don't have a hot floorboard.

·
Registered
170 Posts
dino11216,

I agree with Texdentist that you should visit your dealership about this issue. You have a brand new car and they will be able to confirm if this is normal until about 4,000 miles like PredatorC6 stated.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Chevy Customer Service

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The last two day's i thought my heated seats were turned on, but i found out the heat was coming from the tunnel on the right of my seat.all that heat was going stright to my butt. this happens with in 30 mins of driving. this cant be normal, i dont see how anybody could put up with it coming from a brand new car! i'm taking her in tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
I have not experienced anything even remotely noticeable like you're describing.

I'm nearing the 13,000 mile mark on my 2010 GS.

Good luck with getting your issue solved.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The last two day's i thought my heated seats were turned on, but i found out the heat was coming from the tunnel on the right of my seat.all that heat was going stright to my butt. this happens with in 30 mins of driving. this cant be normal, i dont see how anybody could put up with it coming from a brand new car! i'm taking her in tomorrow.
dino11216,

Please let me know what the dealership has to say and if they fixed your vehicle.

Thank you

Elizabeth, Chevy Customer Service

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maxie price chevorlet said that's normal . New car plus 90* summer heat.thecar was not inspected.it does feel like it's getting a little better . I'm at 600m now , I will let your guys know at 1k how it's doing.

·
Premium Member
4,668 Posts
I've been looking at a GS but I think your post has made me re-think. With a car in that price range I would think that an extra piece of insulation to stop this problem would have been better than merely accepting it as the norm. The factory may have left something out or forgot to seal something up. It's not a new body style and they've had time to work out bugs like this.......they didn't. It should not be a choice between luxury and comfort.

The dealer, IMHO, should have at least checked the symptoms and then said it's normal. If he knew that off the top of his head then he's either a) seen it a lot of times before or b) just doesn't give a **** and doesn't have time to worry about you.

My ex has a foreign luxury/sports car and I had to give her a ride back home from the dealership. I have never seen such courtesy or caring from a dealer. She was offered a loaner and they were even apologetic about her problem with the car. They called her, informed her of the cause of the problem, told her when to pick it up, apologized again and had it fixed the next day.

I can't ever see a Chevy dealership showing that much care and concern to a customer.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
See if the dealer has a used C6 you can take for a short spin for a comparison. A cheapie thermometer would confirm if you have a problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've got almost 15K on my '10 G/S, & never had this issue. This is turly the best Vehical I have ever owned! I had a '85 Vett years ago & would have expected the problem you explained in it, but not this one...The biggest issue I've had was the GoodYear tires only lasting 12K. Good Luck!

·
Registered
690 Posts
I've got almost 15K on my '10 G/S, & never had this issue. This is turly the best Vehical I have ever owned! I had a '85 Vett years ago & would have expected the problem you explained in it, but not this one...The biggest issue I've had was the GoodYear tires only lasting 12K. Good Luck!
I totally agree- I've had 3 and this is the best- tires need to last longer but that is the price of admission I guess.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The problem of heat in the passenger compartment is well known, but it is easy to solve. The source is the exhaust passing through the tunnel on the passenger side. You can remove the console, seats, and carpet, and install insulation. This is what I had done to my car. There are a couple of shops that sell the insullation kit all cut to fit the car. There is NO insullation at all installed at the factory.

A side effect of installtion is that the car also gets a lot quieter. Road noise is reduced signficantly.

A second option is to install a heat shield between the exhaust pipe and the bottom of the car. I have seen these advertised as well. I chose to go with insullation as it is completely hidden and didn't require a lift or climbing under the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts