Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not quite finnished yet...still got to shave the shims and raise the pfadts a 1/2 inch or so....but couldn't help but share my excitement.

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
I didn't think you could make the silver look better than your old yellow, but it appears you pulled it off!! Only thing I think would pull it all together would be to paint the wheels all black!!!:thumbsup: and paint the Calipers matching silver, w/black Vette writing on frnt calipers!!!:cheers: Do it Do it! Oh yeah you gotta black out the side reflectors/markers...and rear taillights...I know this is a lot but you've come so far, do the rear view side mirrors in black as well! trust me the contrast will pop! (Only to the line where the mirors turn/move, leave the bottom shaft silver..)

I Airbrush for a living and know a couple things about contrast, but each to his own if you don't like my ideas:cheers:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think you could make the silver look better than your old yellow, but it appears you pulled it off!! Only thing I think would pull it all together would be to paint the wheels all black!!!:thumbsup: and paint the Calipers matching silver, w/black Vette writing on frnt calipers!!!:cheers: Do it Do it! Oh yeah you gotta black out the side reflectors/markers...and rear taillights...I know this is a lot but you've come so far, do the rear view side mirrors in black as well! trust me the contrast will pop! (Only to the line where the mirors turn/move, leave the bottom shaft silver..)

I Airbrush for a living and know a couple things about contrast, but each to his own if you don't like my ideas:cheers:
I like your ideas - thank you but i have already had the calipers painted black with silver Vette writing on frnt calipers. I want to leave the outer rims polished silver b/c otherwise it makes the detail of these new rims 'dissapear'.

As for upper portion of the rear view side mirrors -great idea and i will have this done.... as you know, i am also having all other side and rear lights and indicators painted black to match front lights. thanks for your imput -it's appreciated.

Doc.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Looks great. Did you paint the yellow car in your avatar silver? If so, why? Wouldn't it have been cheaper to start with a silver car? Not trying to question you just curious that's all.
I agree with you on leaving the outer part of the wheels silver if they are all black you lose the line between the wheels and the tires. Great job.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
477 Posts
I like your ideas - thank you but i have already had the calipers painted black with silver Vette writing on frnt calipers. I want to leave the outer rims polished silver b/c otherwise it makes the detail of these new rims 'dissapear'.

As for upper portion of the rear view side mirrors -great idea and i will have this done.... as you know, i am also having all other side and rear lights and indicators painted black to match front lights. thanks for your imput -it's appreciated.

Doc.
I look fwd to seeing the finished product, lastly I couldn't see if you left the Vette badges on? if yes? deff paint them black as well, more contrast! it's deff a 1 off badd ass ride sir!:thumbsup: :cheers: I've seen the rearview mirror idea on white/silver cars it really pulls it together! glad I could help out!

I'm all blk on blk w/red calipiers solid blk C6 Z06 wheels w/Z06 rear panels just need your hood now!:devil:

You may like this last one paint the diffuser all gloss black along w/Z06 mud flap/flares..

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I look fwd to seeing the finished product, lastly I couldn't see if you left the Vette badges on? if yes? deff paint them black as well, more contrast! it's deff a 1 off badd ass ride sir!:thumbsup: :cheers: I've seen the rearview mirror idea on white/silver cars it really pulls it together! glad I could help out!

I'm all blk on blk w/red calipiers solid blk C6 Z06 wheels w/Z06 rear panels just need your hood now!:devil:

You may like this last one paint the diffuser all gloss black along w/Z06 mud flap/flares..
take a look at my rear 1/4 panels and you will see that i had the boys putty over the mud flaps and paint them silver.... if you look really closely you will see that this left an area on the rear bumper that does not yet meet up flush (this is where the mud flap wrapped around and under the bumper on the z06.... i am having the rear bumper pulled and all the lights blacked out so the plan is to add some putty to the bumper so that it is flush with the 1/4 panels.

your ride by the way with the black/black and red calipers is styling. Any performance enhancers yet?

Doc

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks great. Did you paint the yellow car in your avatar silver? If so, why? Wouldn't it have been cheaper to start with a silver car? Not trying to question you just curious that's all.
I agree with you on leaving the outer part of the wheels silver if they are all black you lose the line between the wheels and the tires. Great job.:thumbsup:
You're kidding right? Yes it would have been cheaper and faster to start out with a silver car but then my yellow C6 has had a tonne of aftermarket work done to it and so when i got in my accident i decided to have it repainted the same base silver color as on my F-car (look under my corvette photos section). I took House of Kolor BCO2 base silver and had it custom blended with a metallic Kandy combo of ice pearl and chrome silver. In the sun this car sparkles like diamonds.

·
Registered
477 Posts
take a look at my rear 1/4 panels and you will see that i had the boys putty over the mud flaps and paint them silver.... if you look really closely you will see that this left an area on the rear bumper that does not yet meet up flush (this is where the mud flap wrapped around and under the bumper on the z06.... i am having the rear bumper pulled and all the lights blacked out so the plan is to add some putty to the bumper so that it is flush with the 1/4 panels.

your ride by the way with the black/black and red calipers is styling. Any performance enhancers yet?

Doc
Jeez I didn't look close enough soundzz hott! yes Cat back bullets vararam, spacer 160 stat, full dyno tune, 3.90 gears (On A4 automatic it's like 4.10's on manual) getting full kooks Long tubes X-pipe new dyno tune in couple weeks! then saving for blower!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeez I didn't look close enough soundzz hott! yes Cat back bullets vararam, spacer 160 stat, full dyno tune, 3.90 gears (On A4 automatic it's like 4.10's on manual) getting full kooks Long tubes X-pipe new dyno tune in couple weeks! then saving for blower!:thumbsup:
Sounds fast.... Mod Away. Procharger blowers rule. I'm saving for a new F-1R unit which I'm told can handle up to 1300 crank HP!!!

"The Pursuit of Perfection thru Modification"

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
You're kidding right? Yes it would have been cheaper and faster to start out with a silver car but then my yellow C6 has had a tonne of aftermarket work done to it and so when i got in my accident i decided to have it repainted the same base silver color as on my F-car (look under my corvette photos section). I took House of Kolor BCO2 base silver and had it custom blended with a metallic Kandy combo of ice pearl and chrome silver. In the sun this car sparkles like diamonds.
No I wasn't kidding, I wasn't aware that your car had been wrecked. I thought you were just changing the color because you wanted to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts