Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I ordered the Hot cam kit + lifters for my vette. In the spring it will be installed along with MSD opti, chrome valve covers, new water pump, 160 thermostat, MSD wires, powdercoated intake and a reflash of the pcm. I'm looking forward to seeing the parts and then driving the finished product. I have gotten to be good friends with the parts manager at the dealership and it has paid dividends.

Anybody have thoughts on what the additional power will be?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Nice. I'd say a 30 to 40 HP bump. Headers and exhaust would be a good bump to.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have Stainless Works headers and complete exhaust already on it now. There is a video on youtube of a guys vette that is almost part for part what mine will have. The video's title is MTVette C4 92 LT1 exhaust rumble I have spoken to him online and I'm looking forward to the results.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have an old Chevy High Perf. mag (Mar 99) where they swapped a hot cam and LT4 heads to an otherwise stock LT1 and ended up making a 120hp gain (with 52mm TB and headers too). I would say (having never done that swap myself) 50hp with just the hot cam is very possible with your other mods, it should make a significant power increase.
The LT1 heads flow pretty well for a stock 23 deg. head. Will you do the swap yourself?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have the swap done by the dealership here. The head mechanic is going to do it. Great guy. I'm going to have the intake ported and add a 58mm throttle body as well. Probably going to have Golen do the port work.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the Holley 58mm billet throttle body today and spoke to Chad at Golen. I will have the intake/throttle body ported and cleaned for sure after talking to him about price what it will help with later on.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You will w/o doubt need a 52mm TB though, 58 is not that far off especially if you plan more mods later. Have you see this; http://www.gmhightechperformance.co..._golen_engine_service_lt1_cylinder_heads.html Golen head porting is some really nice work for stock heads. Here is some info on larger TB for modded cars, a switch from 48 to 52TB netted 14 more hp, you don't want to leave that kind of hp on the table! http://www.corvettemagazine.com/1999/oct99/lt1/ltp4.asp
Good luck and keep us posted, can't wait to hear how it runs for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts