Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, we'd like to introduce the Ultimate in Exhaust Enhancement Plates! This is the newest product in our line of LED lighting, and we're offering them on Digital Corvettes first :thumbs: Now you can actually flaunt your exhaust plate at night as well as day. These are fully self-contained units utilizing the same 5-LED light pods as our LED License Plate lights. IMO, the illumination is perfect, not too bright, and certainly not too dim. Installation instructions are included and straightforward. It shouldn’t take more than an hour to fully install and wire. No cutting or splicing of your existing wiring is required. The wire-taps that we include simply pierce into the wiring of one of your license plate lights. In doing so, the Exhaust Plates LEDs will only be lighted when your Headlights or Parking Lights are on.

Being that this is not a licensed GM product, the GM logos and/or badges are not included. However Corvette Garage offers the best prices on the GM badges. Ecklers offers the best selection of Chrome or Gold logo badges for darker body colors.

We paint these in-house using the paints and colors that our C5’s were originally painted with. However, especially on lighter colors, your clear coat may have taken on a yellowed tint over the years. It’s therefore highly possible that the exhaust plate may not be an “exact” perfect match to your existing paint. Although, there is a separation between your rear fascia and exhaust plate that would make a slight color variation very hard to detect. However for this reason, we’re also making them available to you in bare aluminum as well. This will enable you to have a more precise color match done at your favorite body shop if desired. Or if you want one now, but don’t want to wait for us to offer your color, this would avoid the delay.

Peter, Sebring Silver, Torch Red, Arctic White Available Now!.We’re retailing these painted at $99.95 and unpainted at $79.95. However, forum members prices are as follows:

Painted $79.95.

Unpainted $59.95 MANY available.

Thanks for looking :cheers:
Richard

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,553 Posts
Cool idea.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Do you have a led kit for someone with an existing exhaust plate. I have a nice plate already.If I could just by the light kit,that would be sweet.

·
Banned
622 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you have a led kit for someone with an existing exhaust plate. I have a nice plate already.If I could just by the light kit,that would be sweet.
Thanks guys, I love having it on my ride. Indeed Punisher, we should have them available and ready to ship around next Friday. I'll do a separate post as soon as they're ready :thumbsup:
Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thanks guys, I love having it on my ride. Indeed Punisher, we should have them available and ready to ship around next Friday. I'll do a separate post as soon as they're ready :thumbsup:
Thanks,
Richard
That's awesome!! do you have one available for us C6 Corvette guys? I know at least half a dozen friends that would be interested as well:thumbsup:

·
Registered
19,914 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's awesome!! do you have one available for us C6 Corvette guys? I know at least half a dozen friends that would be interested as well:thumbsup:
Not at this time, but we could make them fairly quick. I was a little discouraged when looking at so many aftermarket exhausts on the C6 that leave no opening for an exhaust plate, so we didn't bother to produce them. It seems to me that only the stock exhaust leaves an opening for an exhaust plate, and that's typically one of the first mods people do. Am I mistaken?
Please advise ... if it's worth doing, I could have some ready by next month :thumbsup:
Thanks,
Richard

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am afraid you are correct re after market c6 exhaust ,I have corsa sport and have to give my plate when I installed it, too bad because it looked great

·
Registered
477 Posts
Not at this time, but we could make them fairly quick. I was a little discouraged when looking at so many aftermarket exhausts on the C6 that leave no opening for an exhaust plate, so we didn't bother to produce them. It seems to me that only the stock exhaust leaves an opening for an exhaust plate, and that's typically one of the first mods people do. Am I mistaken?
Please advise ... if it's worth doing, I could have some ready by next month :thumbsup:
Thanks,
Richard
Hmmm forgot about that (I have round bullets exhaust) How bout fabricating something a bit simpler, what I really like about your plate is the LIGHTING, if you could fab something w/just a small piece of mounting bracket to hold the lighting and offer it in RED LED (or any color the customer wants) I'd assure you at least 6 customers we all have black C6's and they love my idea/flip on your product, what do ya say?:thumbsup:

Or easier yet, would/will your lighting plug work on my C6? if yes, I could just cut your plate up w/my air saw/grinder tool, I wouldn't mind fabricating it myself? as long as the Electrical parts mate up?? I'm sure I could find RED LED's at the autopart store...or Ebay..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmmm forgot about that (I have round bullets exhaust) How bout fabricating something a bit simpler, what I really like about your plate is the LIGHTING, if you could fab something w/just a small piece of mounting bracket to hold the lighting and offer it in RED LED (or any color the customer wants) I'd assure you at least 6 customers we all have black C6's and they love my idea/flip on your product, what do ya say?:thumbsup:

Or easier yet, would/will your lighting plug work on my C6? if yes, I could just cut your plate up w/my air saw/grinder tool, I wouldn't mind fabricating it myself? as long as the Electrical parts mate up?? I'm sure I could find RED LED's at the autopart store...or Ebay..
We make these for the C5, I'll bet it will work on a C6 as well. I'll try fitting it when one of my C6 buds stop by :cheers:
Richard

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts
We make these for the C5, I'll bet it will work on a C6 as well. I'll try fitting it when one of my C6 buds stop by :cheers:
Richard

I want one of these!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Richard

Please keep me informed, I'll buy as soon as ready!!! I also see on your site you already offer the RED LED's will they swap into this kit?

Thanks for your time:thumbsup:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I also see on your site you already offer the RED LED's will they swap into this kit?
If you're referring to the 5-Point Red LED Cluster Bulbs, those are for Rear Side Markers. The Exhaust Plate 5LED Light Pod is a sealed unit. So you wouldn't be able to do the swap, plus they wouldn't fit into the pod housing.
Thanks,
Richard

1 - 20 of 27 Posts