Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently ordered and received a couple of new products; one a rinseless wash by Detailers Pride and two other products from Zaino Brothers. I used them today and want to let you know how they worked.

We have extremely hard water in our town and I'm tired of water spotting. I can't dry the car fast enough to avoid them. So, I wanted to try one of these rinseless wash products. It's reasonably inexpensive (about $18 a quart with shipping) and goes a long way (one ounce is mixed with one gallon of water). You soak a microfiber towel in the solution and use it to wash one panel at a time. You then dry it with another towel. This is very similar to a "dry" car wash with detail spray, only the solution is much less expensive. Bottom line: it worked quite well. The solution, like detail spray, is very slippery and removed the dirt as advertised. I wouldn't use this for a seriously filthy vehicle, but cleaning a lightly soiled car isn't a problem. I did it in my garage and the floor remained dry. Theoretically, you could do this year around. The product is DP Four-in-One.

I followed this with Zaino Z-AIO, a new all in one cleaner/polisher. It worked very well. The Zaino product is $27 for 16 ounces. It goes on and come off with little effort.

Next came a quick coat of Zaino Z-5. The nice thing about Z-AIO is you don't need to add the ZFX accelerator to the Z-5. It just works. That went on and came off very quickly.

Now came the big experiment, the Z-CS, Clear Shield. This is a "wipe on, walk away" product. You put on a very light coat and you do not buff it. It's supposed to dry clear and provide a coating that protects for up to 9 months. Nice idea, but it didn't quite work for me. When it dried, I was left with blotchy areas that weren't attractive. Maybe I used too much, maybe I rubbed it too much. Whatever. It needed more work. This stuff is REALLY expensive ($29 for 6 ounces), but it's supposed to go a long, long way.

So, I then used Z-8, Grand Finale detail spray to clean up my mess. I find it easy to use and prefer the results to other products. Again, Z-8 is $20 for 16 ounces. Fortunately, this product goes a long way. The Z-8 removed all the imperfections in the Z-CS coat. The final result was absolutely stunning. Not wanting to screw up the finish on my C6, I tested these products on my wife's Prius. It has NEVER looked this good. Period.

Will the protection last a long, long time? I suspect and hope it will, because I only treat the Prius this good a couple of times a year. Will I use it on my C6 now? Definitely. The entire process took about 4 hours. That includes detailing inside the doors and the engine compartment.

I'm not a Zaino fanatic. I'm only trying to give you an honest assessment of various detailing products I've used. I paid through the nose for all of these products and am not affilated with any company.:cheers:

·
Registered
147 Posts
There's a bit of a learning curve with the Z clear seal spray. Like all Z products less is more. Found it works best to just spray the applicator pad and skip spraying the paint as well. Side to side strokes and it dries clear in an hour or so, follow with some Z6 or 8 and the shine is stunning.

doug

1 - 2 of 2 Posts