Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mo-Fo
7,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given the chance to try three of Adam's newest products. I got to choose which three I wanted, so I chose the Leather Cleaner, the All Purpose Cleaner and the Undercarriage Spray. I got the chance to use all three this past week.

The Leather Cleaner: The first thing you notice with this stuff (like most of Adam's products) is the smell . It smells just like new leather! I have leather seats in both the vette and the wife's Monte Carlo and both cars are the same age - five years old. I tried it first on her seats because that's our daily driver and most used. I tried it first by spraying it on a microfiber cloth, then rubbing it on the leather. It removed a fair amount of dirt. Then I tried spraying it directly on the seats, then rubbing with the cloth. WOW! The amount of dirt that came off really surprised me. I cleaned all the leather areas in her car, front and back. Then I started on the Vette. These seats shouldn't be as dirty cause I only drive the car in the summer. I was really surprised at how much dirt came off. It really brightened up the seats. Friday at Carlisle, I bought a bottle of Adam's Leather Conditioner and used it on the seats yesterday. It really makes my seats look brand new. The best thing was that the back seats in the Monte Carlo which were dry and hardening, are now clean and soft and look new. So I reccommend both of these products highly.

The All Purpose Cleaner: Boy, when you spray this stuff in your wheels, it eats the dirt! It really does a great job loosening the stuck on stuff that's really hard to get at (hence the need for a sponge on a long stick - I keep asking Adam for that one) but this stuff makes cleaning the wheels a lot easier. Again, a great smell. Lemon? Not sure, but real nice. The wife confiscated the bottle and tried it in the house on our 14 year old shower doors. Lets just say that I may never get that bottle back! She loves it for taking that hard soap stuff off the glass, so I would guess it would work real well on almost any smooth dirty surface. Again, I reccommend the All Purpose Cleaner.

The Undercarriage Spray: Again - the smell. This stuff smell like fresh smashed concord grapes! I mean I actually had people coming over to me at a recent show and ask me if I was using grape juice on the wheel wells! Simple to use. Just spray it on and let it sit. That works fine, but my wife does the wheel wells at shows, and she prefers to spray it on, let it sit a few minutes, and then she uses a soft pad and rubs it in to make sure it's all even and not streaky. It really makes the wheel wells dark and clean. And it lasted and stayed dark for about ten days before I had to apply it again.

So anyhow, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give all of these new products a 10+ for ease of use and product satisfaction. You guys should try them all and see for yourselves.
Ten big :thumbsup: to the crew at Adam's for some great new products. Keep em comin!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I just used the under carriage spray and the all purpose cleaner a week and a half ago and came to the same conclusions. My '06 has over 23,000 miles on it and I drive it every day, rain or shine, so it gets dirty at times. Currently I'm working on removing the brake dust from the inside of the wheels. I diluted the all purpose spray and it was taking off the dried brake dust with no problem. I think I'm going to have to remove the wheels to get them perfect, but they are greatly improved on already. The wheel wells that I used under carriage spray on were easily distinguished from the places I did not use it on as I missed a couple spots. Wow are they black now. I just love it. Makes them disappear just as advertised. Now I just need to not miss any spots. Haha. As mentioned before, my garage smelled of fresh grapes after I was finished. Much better than the smell of week old grass clipping from the lawnmower! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Mo-Fo
7,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Tre, you should use what my wife uses to get all the spots in the wheel wells. Now don't laugh too hard, but she found a toilet "brush" with a long handle. Only thing is, it isn't really a brush, but a lambs wool pad that's removable and washable. The handle is slim and curved and fits easily around the wheels. After she or I spray the undercarriage spray and let is sit a minute or two, she'll use the pad and even it all out. Works like a charm. She has one she uses to spread tire dressing on the entire tire surface at shows too.
Hey Adam, there's your next new product. A soft pad on a long curved handle to evenly apply your undercarriage spray. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts