Cleaner than Stock, Faster than Phock
726 Posts

·
Cleaner than Stock, Faster than Phock
726 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I thought that the ProForm valve covers would cause problems, so I use the 70"s style valve covers for the LT1.
Looks good, Works good. ProForms would have been my first pick. Lick hitting the winshield wipper motor.
tony

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Looks good :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
-=Jeff=- said:
I have the centerbolt ones..

fit with no probrema nd clear the wiper motor

I'm looking for a set to fit my '93. As you know, the alternator and A/C are on the left side and the alternator bracket goes over the front of the left valve cover. This means that after market valve cover height must match OEM (plastic) cover height. Can anyone direct me to a vendor that sells good quality polished aluminum centre bolt covers that will fit? :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
53,226 Posts
Mike said:
I'm looking for a set to fit my '93. As you know, the alternator and A/C are on the left side and the alternator bracket goes over the front of the left valve cover. This means that after market valve cover height must match OEM (plastic) cover height. Can anyone direct me to a vendor that sells good quality polished aluminum centre bolt covers that will fit? :thumbsup:
Mike, you can get nice valve covers from GM performance parts. I will try to find the site I was looking for, they had some great choices - and I suspect they are guaranteed to fit your motor/year.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
LD85, sweet looking covers!!

For everybody else, Summit and Jegs sell adapters so you can use the early sytle valve covers on center bolt style heads.

The down side, the adapters seem to cost more then a good set of valve covers. :laughing:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Patrick96LT4 said:
Mike, you can get nice valve covers from GM performance parts. I will try to find the site I was looking for, they had some great choices - and I suspect they are guaranteed to fit your motor/year.
Thanks. They are hard to find up here in the great white north.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Larry, I bought a pair of those myself, they look pretty good. I haven't put them on yet as I'm still collecting the parts I need to do my rebuild. Should look sweet when I'm done.:thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts