Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· DC PIT CREW BOSS
25,637 Posts
That definitely is a project! Make sure to keep us up to date on everything you do

Reactions: HN376RAR

· Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Almost burnt my garage down. Carb’s leaking a little fuel no big deal until it back fires through the carb. Then satin shows up in my garage hell fire the whole nine yards. Thank God I had a fire extinguisher. That’s another mess all it’s own. Needless to say I double check TDC from then on. Oh it was my parents garage and dad had the fire extinguisher lucky me. He would occasionally bust my chops about it until he passed away loved that man.

· Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Did you verify it was at TDC by checking the piston on number one was at the top of the stroke? Zero comes around twice on the harmonic balancer for every complete rotation of the motor. You can have the balancer at zero and still be 180 out. As I discovered.

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Almost burnt my garage down. Carb’s leaking a little fuel no big deal until it back fires through the carb. Then satin shows up in my garage hell fire the whole nine yards. Thank God I had a fire extinguisher. That’s another mess all it’s own. Needless to say I double check TDC from then on. Oh it was my parents garage and dad had the fire extinguisher lucky me. He would occasionally bust my chops about it until he passed away loved that man.
holy crap man. I’m glad you’re safe! You know I never double checked. I just marked the distributor and pulled it out but never double checked. Makes sense that it’s pushing fuel back out the carb after lighting it instead of sucking it in. Maybe the prior owner had it in backwards. This is the first check I’m doing. I appreciate the insight!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts