Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put a new two row radiator in my C6. Man it got tight quick between the rad and high volume water pump no room left for anything. Just enough clearance for everything to fit.
The only issues I ran into were the trans line fittings leaking,a little gray mega thread tape took care of that.
Test drive went flawlessly going to keep an eye on it for a few trips to make sure no I have no surprises. So far so good.
Looking forward to warm weather to see if cooling improves will keep everyone posted.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update. Sunny 64 degrees today ran a half tank of fuel through the C6. Highway speed at 1500 rpm’s held a steady 190 degrees. Ran some hard Twisties down around Crofton Ky third and forth gear mainly rpm’s at about 3000 to 4000 car ran 175 to 180 degrees.
Tech specs two row radiator, PRW high volume water pump, Evans coolant this set up holds 3.5 gallons Vs’s 2.5 gallons stock. Mind you still not summer temperature
Will update when convertible weather gets here.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry didn’t take any pics. I never remember to take time to document an up grade. I get to excited and slam it in to see how it works. The rad is from speed cooling products and fit reasonably well and with a stock water pump would have plenty of room. I run a high volume one and is some what larger than stock thus real estate became a slight issue.

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
90 degrees today short trip about 20 miles engine temp steady 190. In traffic stop and go 205 reprogrammed fan kicks in drops to 200. Trans temp upper 150’s. Will know for sure after tail of the dragon trip in July. Seems like the more rpm’s I put in the engine the cooler it runs.

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,334 Posts
Glad it went well. You are right. It sure was a nice day around these parts

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
43,334 Posts
Oh, yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My wife and I are going to have some great vacation time. 4 fays in Florida for me and 4 days in Lexington for her

1 - 9 of 9 Posts