Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Three weeks ago my son and I drove 3 hours each way to look at a 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 500R. It was was in very good condition and low mileage, it was knocked over (not dropped when driving)and the faring was cracked. I made an offer with two stipulations. They said they would let me know. A couple days past and they countered. I said no deal, this went on for 3 weeks. We bought the bike on Friday they delivered it by truck and we paid $50 more than my original offer. I couldn't drive there and back to pick it up for $50.

So here is my 21 year old sons new ride. He doesn't have a bike license yet but he will be getting them. I had the bike out today, I am rusty but had a nice ride.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Nice looking bike. I would like one of those but it would surely be the death of me.:laughing:

·
DC Crew
5,554 Posts
I'd die within' 72 hours.
My friends joke that I would be dead in an hour... they are 100% right! I so want a bike but the whole super quick thing is what frightens me :crazy:

·
DC Crew
9,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not real crazy with the idea of Brian having a bike but he is an adult. My brother drives an 07 Harley so he is giving Brian some pointers on what to do and not to do on the bike.

·
Only green will do...
18,388 Posts
I had the Suzuki GSXR 11OO and i loved it congratulations on purchase looks great.

·
DC Crew
20,699 Posts
That is a great looking bike, the orange accents make it stand out well. Glad you got a good deal too, can't beat that.

I would like one of those but it would surely be the death of me.
Yea I considered buying a brand new Katana 750 back in college but somehow I just saw the rest of my money going towards neosporin and gauze.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Nice looking bike. I would like one of those but it would surely be the death of me.:laughing:
My thoughts exactly. I'm much less tempted on a Harley to snap back on the throttle than I am on a sport bike. Played around on a friends R1 before I got either of mine. It was those experiences that made me realize I'd kill myself on a sport bike. Would still love to get a Buell though.

Congrats on the purchase. Hope he enjoys it even half as much as I do mine. I think the only other ways for me to attain the highs I get from my bikes right now is illegal.

·
...twisting your mind and smashing your dreams.
9,389 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I had an '02 GSX-R 750 and loved riding...acceleration is incredible! The bad thing is you're always exhausted from watching out for all the idiots out there who don't pay attention! I miss riding, but I love my Vette much more (traded in the bike and Z28 for my C6). You can be as safe as you can, but there's nothing you can do about the idiot in their 2 ton SUV talking on the phone and not paying attention. I was a member of a GSX-R forum and everyday we'd read posts of someone losing someone or somebody else going down. Ride safe and be careful. Keep the shiny side up!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i'd be dead. :down:

very nice bike though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase of your bike!!! Having your son ride with an experienced rider is a great start. Stress the importance of proper protective riding equipment such as a full face helmet, leathers and boots. Be safe and have a great time!

·
DC Crew
4,823 Posts
Nice bike. I rode for a while too and was about to buy a Ducati while overseas until this deal on the Vette came up.

Starting out with an experienced rider is the best. Make sure he takes a Motorcycle saftety course too :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
Nice looking ride there Cal. Hope he enjoys it. Tell him to be safe.:thumbsup: Not sure I'd want one at my age, if I did it would have to have training wheels.:laughing:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts