Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a quick question about my new rotors. I went to Napa and bought some replacement rotors and slapped them on the car with CERAMIX brake pads. Is there something I am missing? I have 300 miles on these things and they look like f'ing crap. They are not grooved but from closeup to a friggin football field away, they look like they have 80,000 miles on them! Are these ceramic pads not compatible with these rotors or something? Cosmetically, they look ready for the dumpster.:huh:

Thanks,

Steve

·
Premium Member
6,667 Posts
Have any pics?

·
Grey Squirrel
22,780 Posts
I'm guessing you mean that they are discoloring? The NAPA rotors are not really performance rotors and as a result are often made from inferior porous materials.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
You get what you pay for.

I went with some simple drilled zinc-coated rotors, they turned out real nice and don't ever show rust.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im starting to think you are right about that.
They are not the traditional discolored look. They have a grooved looked, like pad rivets started eating them but the rotors surfaces are still completely smooth. Didnt know if the ceramic pad material is more abrasive then a stock pad and is just not compatible or a cheapass rotor.
I posted some pics in "My corvette photos" but they need to be ok'ed by the administrator...they are pending.;)....God, they look horrible.

Steve

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A couple pics:

Steve

·
DC Crew
2,988 Posts
They look like normal wear to me, ceramic pads are less aggressive than stock pads. But, it sounds like you're looking for something to match the rest of the appearance of the car, btw your Z looks great.:thumbsup: In that case, I would upgrade to a nice set of zinc coated/cross drilled rotors, and maybe finish those off with a set of black powder coated rotor hats, that was going to be my route if I kept my Z.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do they feel grooved when you run your finger over them?
No grooves at all...smooth as silk. Sure visually looks like they would be grooved. Thanks for the reply:thumbsup:

I might try your advice AK....whats another lump of money out of the mattress, after buying these wheels;)
Not familiar with zinc coated...is that to prevent dicoloring/warping...???

Steve

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
heres some pics of my zinc washed eradispeeds:devil:

this is what my stock ones looked like

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
i went with the eradispeed +2 with hawk ceramic pads and stainless steel lines.......stops great and there is SOOOOO much less dust then stock:cheers:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Me WANT those :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

How much did those put you back and where did you get them??? I need that hood, I need that chin spolier, I need those side skirts...

Awesome car. I have seen it before:cheers:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, this time around, i care alittle more. It's like wearing a suit with tennis shoes to me.;)

Steve

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ouch....maybe tennis shoes will do just fine. Just did a price check. Thats like almost a grand for rotors??? 2000 Corvett, you have just achieved "Baller" status:laughing:

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
Ouch....maybe tennis shoes will do just fine. Just did a price check. Thats like almost a grand for rotors??? 2000 Corvett, you have just achieved "Baller" status:laughing:
LMFAO!!:rolling: :rolling:

yea they do look great with the wheels

the price was in the mid 2000 i dont remeber the exact price but that was with pads rotors lines fluid and istallation

and if you decide to do the body kit its a motor city mold hood caravaggio side skirts and rear spoiler and aci front spoiler just if you didnt know

and i achived baller stause about 12Gs ago:laughing:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
*Makes mental note to use this quote as often as possible*:smack
:rolling:
wow ur a funny guy

just to give you a heads up if your doing these rotors i needed a spacer in my rear wheels because the rotors were to big on the caliper so they were rubbing

the spacer ment i needed longer studs :cheers:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Baller

BALLER!!!

I wanted those rotors bad. I bought some different ones and they are being installed now, I will post pics when done.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
BALLER!!!

I wanted those rotors bad. I bought some different ones and they are being installed now, I will post pics when done.
You better post pics soon...ive been waiting to see this thing for awhile now:D

Man, those rotors are starting to sound real unattractive to me...after going through the IForged wheel wait, I think I need a hiatus from doing car mods;)
Looking at your avitar, I always wanted a red vette. But, State Farm insurance said, "The only thing worse than owning a Corvette, is owning a RED Corvette"...ticket wise:laughing:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts