Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright. I got the new upholstery for my 88.. It looks awsome.

It has been raining outside for the last day and a half. I haven't a clue how to remove the old covers. I don't have enough room to work on them comfortably in my car port. If the rain ends tomarrow I will try putting them in.

The headrest embrodery is sweet.

Any tips?

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the size!

·
DC PIT CREW BOSS
39,563 Posts
Check with kenney DC# 334. I think he just went through this with his '84 a while back

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am about to try and tackle this..

See ya in a few hours!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I did mine myself....You have to cut all the old hog rings....wear some padded glaves or your hands will hurt big time!:( Then you install the new covers with the new hog rings.....I suggest new foam cause my drivers seat had but indentations from last owner!:( Good luck!:cheers:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
84 GRANDSPORT said:
I did mine myself....You have to cut all the old hog rings....wear some padded glaves or your hands will hurt big time!:( Then you install the new covers with the new hog rings.....I suggest new foam cause my drivers seat had but indentations from last owner!:( Good luck!:cheers:
Yeh. After dry fitting the covers I realized that I should have gone with new foam.. Sigh. Oh well.. It will still be better than sun faded red. :)

As far as cutting the rings.. I am using ring spliters.. its taking be a bit longer that I thought it would.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Kod_X said:
Yeh. After dry fitting the covers I realized that I should have gone with new foam.. Sigh. Oh well.. It will still be better than sun faded red. :)

As far as cutting the rings.. I am using ring spliters.. its taking be a bit longer that I thought it would.
I did 1 a night with the help of a 6 pack!:thumbsup:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have one done.

Put it in the car. Looks awsome. When I have them both done I will post some pics..

The bottom cushions do need new foam. They look saggy.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Kod_X said:
I have one done.

Put it in the car. Looks awsome. When I have them both done I will post some pics..

The bottom cushions do need new foam. They look saggy.
My drivers seat has that issue....I see the last owners ass prints!:nuts: :(

·
Premium Member
11,627 Posts
I love the seat covers, they look great. :) But your car must be a lot bigger than mine. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With the embroidery and two color, it came to 270 shipped. It also included the installation kit (hog rings and pliers). They also came with extra material so you can re cover your console compartment's door.

The Gentleman who made the covers name is Martin Hernandez. He is out of california. He sells his wares on ebay ( http://cgi2.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=stichinproducts ) His covers go for anywhere around 200-22 (for auction.. 250.00 for Buy it now). He also does a sunvisor service.

The covers look sweet. I am STILL kicking myself in the ass for not getting new foam. It would look SO much better.

·
DC Crew
32,974 Posts
Woah!! Are those real leather? I was getting ready to drop $800 on my seats(That's an installed price) JUst the leathers from MAD are $800 then you have to install.

·
DC Crew
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No, they aren't leather. Heavy stuff though..

·
Registered
351 Posts
:thumbsup: Can't wait to see installed pic's

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Those are some nice looking seat covers. What Color interior does the car have? Mine has the carmine red. I was thinking about buying off this guy also. WAY cheaper than OEM and Embroidered to give that custom look. If he can match the carmine color, I think I'll get some 2 tone red/black. Should be sweet once I get new seats and my carbon fiber dash that I'm in the process of making.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts