Corvette Forum : DigitalCorvettes.com Corvette Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cleaner than Stock, Faster than Phock
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one perfectly fine passenger side set, and the driver top was good, but the bottom was ripped,

The new ones arrived from Al Knoch, Carmine Red perf.

Any secrets on getting the seat back mounted to the clips?

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Yea, lots of luck. I ended up cutting a Y into a large head screwdriver and used it to force the clip in. Not a fun job.

·
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, lots of luck. I ended up cutting a Y into a large head screwdriver and used it to force the clip in. Not a fun job.

LOL, that is exactly what I thought might work,, I've gone two rounds with this seat so far

Seat=2 - Me=0:crazy:

·
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

RM, you are my unequivocal HERO! :partyon:

I dinked with the seats for at least an hour, to no avail, then this morning I took your recommendation and had both leather seats installed onto the back in 20 minutes,, although I did take the buckets out on got them up on the bench but with the RM-V-driver, it was a cinch!

I owe you one!:cheers:

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
RM, you are my unequivocal HERO! :partyon:

I dinked with the seats for at least an hour, to no avail, then this morning I took your recommendation and had both leather seats installed onto the back in 20 minutes,, although I did take the buckets out on got them up on the bench but with the RM-V-driver, it was a cinch!

I owe you one!:cheers:
Fantastic! Glad it worked.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have the same seats in my 79, they are white and I was wondering about changing them to black. Would ordering what you ordered in black be a reasonable way to achieve this? My seats are in decent condition, but I'm iffy about trying interior dye on seats, I feel like it would wear off quickly.

Your seats look great now! (and so does the rest of your car) Hope you enjoy sitting in that seat for many miles.:thumbsup:

~wd-40:buhbye:

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Lookin' good, Larry!:thumbsup:

·
726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the same seats in my 79, they are white and I was wondering about changing them to black. Would ordering what you ordered in black be a reasonable way to achieve this? My seats are in decent condition, but I'm iffy about trying interior dye on seats, I feel like it would wear off quickly.

Your seats look great now! (and so does the rest of your car) Hope you enjoy sitting in that seat for many miles.:thumbsup:

~wd-40:buhbye:

Thanks Ray! :thumbsup:

I'm no expert,maybe someone else can chime in to help you, me personally, I would not die the seats, maybe the plastic, but thats just me.

·
DC Crew
32,977 Posts
Looks great Larry. I'm with you btw I wouldn't dye seats either. I can't imagine that would last long.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts